Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice/Rat in the house

Options
  • 27-12-2012 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    For a few weeks now I've heard mice running round my house and lately there is what I think is a rat, well it sounds bigger than a mouse. I've no idea where they are getting in.
    I've one rat trap set and 6 mouse traps set.
    I've tried baiting them with ground rice (which always worked before), chocolate spread and the latest one is crunchy peanut butter but they're not going for them. There is no other food they have access to.
    Please has anyone any suggestions on how to get rid of them, they are REALLY starting to annoy me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Firstly dont paic, you dont have mice and rats, the rat would eat the mice, and its unlikley to be a rat in your house.
    Keep baiting the traps with the peanut butter, fresh it up every few days, and try place the traps where you see droppings, the mistake peoplr make with traps is they put them where they would like to catch the mouse not where they are, good hunting !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Glenvw

Hi

I had an issue couple months back with rats entering house.You need to talk a walk round your home and cement up any gaps in blockwork that you can fit a pen through.If you have traps set were they seem to be you will catch them.I found chocolate to be the best.If you sort issue of how they are getting in you have won the battle.They were entering my home through an unused drain.You will win

Advertisement