Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can/ do phone networks notify you when you've gone over?

Options
  • 27-12-2012 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I've gotten another bill on Vodafone which is double my tariff. There's an app that you can get but it's famously abysmally inaccurate.

If they can text you to tell you how much you owe them, I can't see why a network can't send you a text or email to notify you've gone over your allowances....or am I just lazy and cynical?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Gone over... to the other side?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

cantdecide wrote: »
    I've gotten another bill on Vodafone which is double my tariff. There's an app that you can get but it's famously abysmally inaccurate.

If they can text you to tell you how much you owe them, I can't see why a network can't send you a text or email to notify you've gone over your allowances....or am I just lazy and cynical?

Why would they text you to stop, they want as much of your money as possible.

There are a ton of apps that will let you track your usage and set your own limits, well there is for Android anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Why would they text you to stop, they want as much of your money as possible.

There are a ton of apps that will let you track your usage and set your own limits, well there is for Android anyway.

not accurate at all though! The amount of money phone companies make off 3G is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I get a text from three if I've gone a bit over, might be a tenner or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I get a text from meteor telling me when I've reached 90% of my limit for data. But nothing for minutes. Then again, I don't think I've ever reached my limit for minutes so it's quite possible they do send them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Under regulations that came in this year there supposed to inform you if you have gone over it.
    I got a €300 bill wiped clean because they didn't.
    There's an eu link somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Under regulations that came in this year there supposed to inform you if you have gone over it.
    I got a €300 bill wiped clean because they didn't.
    There's an eu link somewhere

Thought that was for roaming, not calls/data when your in your own country ?
    http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/roaming/regulation/index_en.htm

Advertisement