Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Someone Stole My Identity...

Options
  • 27-12-2012 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone. One of my friends was on that dating website PlentyOfFish.com and they came across a very familiar looking profile from the pictures...

The profile pic, and all other pics, were taken from my Facebook page. They were pictures of me on a night out, with my mates' faces in the picture blurred out. When I told her I didn't have a profile on the website, she didn't believe me. She was convinced I was using the dating website. Now there's nothing wrong with using them, It's just not for me.

The only thing I could use to prove it wasn't me on the site was because the guy said he was from Cork in the description. I'm from Dublin.

So a few questions for this one:

1) Has anyone ever had their 'identity' stolen?
    2) Are we supposed to believe the images people use to sell themselves on a dating website?
    3) Are dating websites any use?

(I'm not gonna link to the profile, don't want my face on boards)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What are the chances, eh?

I think it's a romantic/creepy way of saying she likes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Kaiser Soze?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Well I've heard of identity theft…but certainly not under the circumstances you're describing?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nah wouldn't happen. Too ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

thinly veiled "Are dating websites any use" thread

:pac:

also- is your FB on private?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭D_D

Birneybau wrote: »

How so?

You think she set up the profile with my pics, sent it to me and then pretended to be weirded out by it just so she could in a very obscure way let me know she likes me?

Not having it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Lets be honest here OP, you've stolen his pictures from Plenty of Fish, unblurred all the pictures and set up a fake Facebook page.

Shame on you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

@ OP . He means that you're fishing (excuse the pun) for info about whether dating sites are useful before you commit yourself to a premium account.

wprathead wrote: »
    thinly veiled "Are dating websites any use" thread

:pac:

also- is your FB on private?

Not really that thin, it's my third question! Are they any use though? It's a bit off putting if you can create a profile with any images you find on the internet...

Also, FB page is on complete lockdown, so only friends can see the images. Which is also very weird. I am friends with my identity thief! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Here's a perfect example of a fake Facebook profile, so obvious. Weirdo!! http://facebook.com/profile.php?=73322363

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

:pac:Obviously AH is the best place to post to salvage an alibi OP..:pac:

Here's a perfect example of a fake Facebook profile, so obvious. Weirdo!! http://facebook.com/profile.php?=73322363

You b***ard! I thought my profile was found out!

Very smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Birneybau wrote: »

D_D wrote: »
    How so?

You think she set up the profile with my pics, sent it to me and then pretended to be weirded out by it just so she could in a very obscure way let me know she likes me?

Not having it...

Yes or No. I'm not sure anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Pics or GTFO!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Just admit it, you're pretending that it's not you now ;)

Advertisement