Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Misc. Awards: Film That Deserved Better

Options
  • 26-12-2012 11:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭

• Please nominate for the Film That Deserved Better in 2012!
    • Only 2 nominations per person
    • You can justify your selections if you want, but don't criticise other peoples' selections
    • The movie must have been in Irish Cinemas between January 1st and December 31st 2012
    • This is the second of three nomination waves. The final batch will be posted in the coming days, followed by voting.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Himizu - the distributor had to put an end to all future theatrical releases as a result of its shockingly low gross. A film this great deserves so much better than that.

Safety Not Guaranteed - ****ed around the release schedule, and to be released in the late December graveyard slot in a handful of screens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Margaret

Himizu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Dredd
    This Is Not a Film

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Damsels In Distress

Berberian Sound Studio

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

Damsels in Distress
    Dredd

I thought I'd absolutely hate both of these as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Cafe De Flore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Dredd

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

John Carter
    Safety Not Guaranteed

EDIT: edited John Carter in instead of Dredd since this is just nominations and Dredd getting loads of noms anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Cloud Atlas - Thought it should have done better at the box office than it did. One of those films i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Dredd
    Safety Not Guaranteed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Magill wrote: »
    Cloud Atlas - Thought it should have done better at the box office than it did. One of those films i guess.

Cloud Atlas isn't eligible as it isn't out in Ireland until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Dredd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Cockneys vs Zombies

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Like Crazy

Your Sister's Sister

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

Sinister - This was quite a creepy little film with Ethan Hawke on fine form. The ending is a bit crazy but everything before is quite chilling.

Lockout - I seem to one of a few people that actually enjoyed this movie for what it is. A no brainer action film with some decent acting performances.

Pretty much any foreign language or small independent film as if you live outside Dublin you have no real chance of seeing it on the big screen.

Dredd

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

John Carter - an enjoyable film cruelly labelled the 'biggest flop EVAR!!!!11111one"

Safety Not Guaranteed - I assumed it wasn;t out 'til next year. Nope. Just slipped by unnoticed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Dredd

Silver Linings Playbook

Dredd
    Safety Not Guaranteed
    Indie Game: The Movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

Dredd

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement