Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing 2006 macbook

Options
  • 26-12-2012 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

After years of happiness together my 2006 2Ghz 1GB white macbook is finally on the way out. The casing is cracked in various places including precariously around the charger, the battery is just about knackered and despite numerous OS reloads at the Apple store it returns to sluggish beach-ball filled hell in record time. The guys at the Apple store say it 'might' be the hard-drive but that plugging more money into it at its age might not be the best solution.

So, two questions (although if anyone also has any technical advice that may stop me dumping this one and investing in a new one please contribute!):

1. Recommendations for a new macbook. I don't do a whole lot of documents/gaming etc., it's mainly for internet and video editing. Portability isn't really a big issue as it tends to stay put these days. Price is a factor at the moment.

2. Are old and knackered macbooks worth anything for parts/posterity etc? Each OS reload lasts about 2-3 weeks but it's far from proper working order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

You should be able to get around 150€ - 175€ for used mac.
    If you are not fosy you can get a fairly good MacBook for around 700 and if you are lucky with extended apple care.
    Good luck

Advertisement