Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tablet to buy?

Options
  • 26-12-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi Everybody,

Having a little trouble deciding on what internet Tablet to buy, i was looking at the Scroll Evoke 7" Android 4.1 Internet Tablet for €144 euro but i'm wondering if there is anything better or similar to this price and spec on the market?

Your input would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Jamie

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Nexus 7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The best tablet is the iPad with retina display 64GB + 3G. The best tablet for a particular budget is completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

GarIT wrote: »
    The best tablet is the iPad with retina display 64GB + 3G. The best tablet for a particular budget is completely different.

Which was addressed in the first post.....
    Hi Everybody,

Having a little trouble deciding on what internet Tablet to buy, i was looking at the Scroll Evoke 7" Android 4.1 Internet Tablet for €144 euro but i'm wondering if there is anything better or similar to this price and spec on the market?

OP, the only non-Chinese rebranded tablet in your price range would be the 64GB Blackberry Playbook, on sale for €150 at the moment. Mine gets used for browsing and ebooks, mostly.

It has decent Flash compatibility, and the speakers are fairly powerful for a tablet. But the selection of apps isn't as good as the competition, and they're more (usually) more expensive too. It depends what you intend to use it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

An other vote for Nexus 7. There are plenty of cheap tablets on the market, but this is the only quad core one you'll find for €240 (high 32gb version). You'll pick one up on adverts for less than that too.

Bit more money than you were willing to spend but you get a higher spec tablet than most peoples' laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hot Blonde

Hi there!!! Im looking for a tablet! NOT AN IPAD! Had such bad luck with my ipod! I need something instead of my laptop when i go abroad! I want something to google with, do word documents and so on! It has to have the 8" or up in screen size!! Any hints or tips on were to get them? And because i want one that isnt an apple brand what do i do instead of itunes? Were or how do i get app's!?
    Please and Thanks im utterly confused!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Hot Blonde wrote: »
    Hi there!!! Im looking for a tablet! NOT AN IPAD! Had such bad luck with my ipod! I need something instead of my laptop when i go abroad! I want something to google with, do word documents and so on! It has to have the 8" or up in screen size!! Any hints or tips on were to get them? And because i want one that isnt an apple brand what do i do instead of itunes? Were or how do i get app's!?

An iPad is a tablet. If you want to use Microsoft Word you'll have to use a laptop, you can't get it on a tablet, there are only similar apps. Where you get apps depends on the tablet. What's the budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Hot Blonde wrote: »

If money was no object, a Microsoft Surface with keyboard cover might be right up your alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

all iPads = tablets
    not all tablets = iPads

Talk about living up to your username...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

all iPads = tablets
    not all tablets = iPads
    32628538.jpg

Advertisement