Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a Washing Machine?

Options
  • 26-12-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Its time for our 8 year old beast to retire. It has served us for a long time now and the time has come for an upgrade!

Lets say the budget is €600. I'm looking for something with a large load, good energy efficiency, excellent cleaning, a good array of programs and digital access, none of that twisty clicky dial malarkey ever again!

The following machine from Harvey Norman looks good on paper and is an indicator of one type of spec I am looking for.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/hotpoint-aqualitis-11kg-washing-machine-aq113f497e.html

We have two kids too and the machine is constantly in use. General laundry plus my work clothes, nice shirts, pants etc. A stonking white wash would be great!

I'm open to any insights people have into washing machines, as in what stuff to look for etc. I've never put much thought into it before so I want to do it right this time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Ronan H wrote: »
    Its time for our 8 year old beast to retire. It has served us for a long time now and the time has come for an upgrade!

Lets say the budget is €600. I'm looking for something with a large load, good energy efficiency, excellent cleaning, a good array of programs and digital access, none of that twisty clicky dial malarkey ever again!

The following machine from Harvey Norman looks good on paper and is an indicator of one type of spec I am looking for.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/hotpoint-aqualitis-11kg-washing-machine-aq113f497e.html

We have two kids too and the machine is constantly in use. General laundry plus my work clothes, nice shirts, pants etc. A stonking white wash would be great!

I'm open to any insights people have into washing machines, as in what stuff to look for etc. I've never put much thought into it before so I want to do it right this time!

Also looking myself can't decide between Hotpoint, Bosch, LG and Samsung there's a lot of choice

Advertisement