Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy electric shower?

Options
  • 26-12-2012 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

I think we may need a new one after opening up the old one today. Where in or around Galway would stock them at good prices? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

I think we may need a new one after opening up the old one today. Where in or around Galway would stock them at good prices? :)

Try B & Q - they have a sale on at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Woodies, advertising them in there sale tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

keezer wrote: »
    Woodies, advertising them in there sale tomorrow
    They are selling a triton electric shower for 199 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭siralan

ARgos are selling a Creda 850DL 8.5kW Electric Shower for €92.99. I stumbled across this online and didnt think it was possible to buy a shower so cheap. My knowledge of plumbing and electrics is quite limited, does anyone have any experience of buying this model or am I missing a trick ?? At the moment we just have a bath which feeds of the central heating , do I need anything else bar a wire from the mains supply into the bathroom and to connect the hot and cold feeds into the new shower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭spikethedog

siralan wrote: »
    ARgos are selling a Creda 850DL 8.5kW Electric Shower for €92.99. I stumbled across this online and didnt think it was possible to buy a shower so cheap. My knowledge of plumbing and electrics is quite limited, does anyone have any experience of buying this model or am I missing a trick ?? At the moment we just have a bath which feeds of the central heating , do I need anything else bar a wire from the mains supply into the bathroom and to connect the hot and cold feeds into the new shower?

Just seen this and I'm heading out.
    Do not attempt to fit an electric shower yourself.
    You will need a qualified electrician and plumber.
    Water & electricity do not mix.
    It must be properly installed and commissioned.

• Advertisement

Dont worrry I have no plans to do any wiring or plumbing! My builder is coming next week and sparky and plumber the following week, Im just trying to source as many materials and have them on site to keeps things moving.

Fitting an electric shower in an existing bathroom is a bigger job than you seem to think,You need to bring a pipe directly from the cold water storage tank,you need to bring a cable that is sized properly from your fuse box ,the proper rcbo has to be fitted as well as a 45 amp switch.unless you are very sure how to do all of this leave it to someone that knows what there doing.I never heard of these showers and at that price they could not be a pile.

Thanks for the advice, I wont be doing any of the work apart from assisting the plumber or sparky if they need something fetched or held etc. The builder asked me to buy an electric shower and along with bathroom suite and have everything sitting there ready to rock. I assumed I would be paying €200 - €300 for a shower but searching online found some below €100 and was just wondering would they be ok in a rental property which is also for sale at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Thanks for the advice, I wont be doing any of the work apart from assisting the plumber or sparky if they need something fetched or held etc. The builder asked me to buy an electric shower and along with bathroom suite and have everything sitting there ready to rock. I assumed I would be paying €200 - €300 for a shower but searching online found some below €100 and was just wondering would they be ok in a rental property which is also for sale at present.

The cheaper you pay for an electric shower the bigger your problems will be, if you are renting out a property you wont need complaints every day about ur shower because you saved a few euro.
    Buy a Mira Elite St , its connected to the cold tank on the attic so you have a guaranteed water pressure supply and its guaranteed for 2 years, DPL on the Dublin road, T O Higgins Shantalla, Chadwicks, Heatmerchants, dont touch anything from Argus or B&Q , there are lors of stories on Boards to back this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

The cheaper you pay for an electric shower the bigger your problems will be, if you are renting out a property you wont need complaints every day about ur shower because you saved a few euro.
    Buy a Mira Elite St , its connected to the cold tank on the attic so you have a guaranteed water pressure supply and its guaranteed for 2 years, DPL on the Dublin road, T O Higgins Shantalla, Chadwicks, Heatmerchants, dont touch anything from Argus or B&Q , there are lors of stories on Boards to back this up.

What if its a Triton, from B&Q, B&Q sell Tritons,

• Advertisement

What kind of back up do you get with these creda showers? Have they an irish agent that can organise repairs and spare parts.

jjf1974 wrote: »
    what kind of back up do you get with these showers? Have they an irish agent that can organise repairs and spare parts.

Argus and B&Q import their products from the Uk, they do not come from the Irish distributers & sometimes the modles are not the same as the ones sold in the builders providers, yes you do get a manufacturers warantee, but this can become a prelonged issue if something goes wrong with a product, the Irish agents may not have the parys readily available to fix things up as quick as one would like, remember the jap import cars sagas a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Argus and B&Q import their products from the Uk, they do not come from the Irish distributers & sometimes the modles are not the same as the ones sold in the builders providers, yes you do get a manufacturers warantee, but this can become a prelonged issue if something goes wrong with a product, the Irish agents may not have the parys readily available to fix things up as quick as one would like, remember the jap import cars sagas a few years ago.

As much as I would like to support irish retailers, Argos and B&Q are two of the best regarding returns once you have a receipt and will take back products if you simply dont need it without question within timeframe allowed (printed on receipts if Im not mistaken).

Some irish builders providers charge restocking fees, Im sure there are reasons for it (lost sale etc??)
    I cant see what significant difference there would be for a specific model and make.

Argos doesnt have the type of products generally that might be available in builders providers and B&Q wont be able to match on prices on a lot of things, but certain items they offer significant value on.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lozzy23

Don't waste your money on a Mira st elite absolute waste of money when we first got it, we used to think there was a tractor in the ensuite it was that loud and after barely 12 months of average use its broke, the 2 year warranty doesn't count if there is a bit of lime in your water. Last shower was the triton T90 and was in for about 8 years with not a problem but when we were doin up the bathroom decided to change it. And when they come out and say they'll fix it for 200 yo yo's you'll be even more shocked when u say it's ok we'll buy a new shower and then they ask for 80 yo yo's even though when u ring them there is no mention of a callout fee and leave the bathroom looking like s**te. I'm actually sending them a bill along with photos of the state they left the bathroom. Rant over and off to buy a decent triton now.

lozzy23 wrote: »

Don't waste your money on a Mira st elite absolute waste of money when we first got it, we used to think there was a tractor in the ensuite it was that loud and after barely 12 months of average use its broke, the 2 year warranty doesn't count if there is a bit of lime in your water. Last shower was the triton T90 and was in for about 8 years with not a problem but when we were doin up the bathroom decided to change it. And when they come out and say they'll fix it for 200 yo yo's you'll be even more shocked when u say it's ok we'll buy a new shower and then they ask for 80 yo yo's even though when u ring them there is no mention of a callout fee and leave the bathroom looking like s**te. I'm actually sending them a bill along with photos of the state they left the bathroom. Rant over and off to buy a decent triton now.

You should do btw who are 'they' ? , if the service you experianced was that bad you should name & shame !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Just seen this and I'm heading out.
    Do not attempt to fit an electric shower yourself.
    You will need a qualified electrician and plumber.
    Water & electricity do not mix.
    It must be properly installed and commissioned.

I`ve installed electric showers many times, so it is not always required to have both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I am connecting my electric shower to the cold water mains coming into the house...(not tank fed) ... its the best thing to do (according to the Plumber)

Only Showers I can use apparently are Mira Sport or Triton T80z

I have priced the best model of both

Mira Sport Air boost 10.8Kw - approx €400
    Triton T80z 9Kw - approx €200

Which is best ? also which is best value ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 danny.q

I am connecting my electric shower to the cold water mains coming into the house...(not tank fed) ... its the best thing to do (according to the Plumber)

Only Showers I can use apparently are Mira Sport or Triton T80z

I have priced the best model of both

Mira Sport Air boost 10.8Kw - approx €400
    Triton T80z 9Kw - approx €200

Which is best ? also which is best value ?

Its not necessarily the best option, depends where the shower is situated.

Id go with the triton, my experience with miras is there not the best, maybe it was just the ones I fitted though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Thanks Danny Q,

Yep, the location of the shower is kind of forcing the mains option. Was talking to my builder yesterday and he said Triton are rubbish and go for the Mira :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Thanks Danny Q,

Yep, the location of the shower is kind of forcing the mains option. Was talking to my builder yesterday and he said Triton are rubbish and go for the Mira :-/
    If going mains fed, then the Mira sport are a great unit, cant remember any call backs about them at all. You can get a chrome version for a small amount extra, they look very well to go along with chrome shower doors etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement