Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv resolutions

Options
  • 24-12-2012 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a 1080p tv with 50mhz resolution. Am I better off going for a higher resolution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I saw a 1080p tv with 50mhz resolution. Am I better off going for a higher resolution.
    For higher resolution your next step up from 1080p is a 4k projector, but somehow I doubt that is what you are looking for. A dedicated 1080p video processor would be cheaper.
    You can increase the refresh rate (50hz for ntsc 60hz for pal) to 100/120 200/240 but all that actually does is replay the same source frame 2/4/8 times. Whether you can see the difference is up to you, have a look at two side by side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Idleater wrote: »
    For higher resolution your next step up from 1080p is a 4k projector, but somehow I doubt that is what you are looking for. A dedicated 1080p video processor would be cheaper.
    You can increase the refresh rate (50hz for ntsc 60hz for pal) to 100/120 200/240 but all that actually does is replay the same source frame 2/4/8 times. Whether you can see the difference is up to you, have a look at two side by side.

thanks. you answered my question..should have said refresh rate and not resolution:D

Advertisement