Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consequences of being caught with Fake ID?

Options
  • 24-12-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

One of my friends bought a driving licence online for something like 50 quid. Came there on Friday and it's the real deal, has the UV harps and the whole lot. He hit the town on Saturday and no questions asked anywhere.

Anyway, I'd like to get one myself, and what I want to know is, if I got caught, what'd the gardai do?

Sound
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

You go to jail for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Gang rape in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Move on McLovin'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

They'll take the ID off you, rustle your hair, and tell you to "run along scamp".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Testify wrote: »
    Hi all,

One of my friends bought a driving licence online for something like 50 quid. Came there on Friday and it's the real deal, has the UV harps and the whole lot. He hit the town on Saturday and no questions asked anywhere.

Anyway, I'd like to get one myself, and what I want to know is, if I got caught, what'd the gardai do?

Sound

In this country he will probably do more time than a multiple rapist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Probably nothing. From my experiences (never had a fake ID but saw others) the bouncer will had it back and wont let you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Tell him never to use it to drive as he will be hit with a charge for using a false instrument. A normal Garda might be fooled by it but the Traffic Corp would lamp it straight away...

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Touch your toes time I'm afraid:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

End up on banged up abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

They freeze your age if you get caught nowadays so even though you'd be getting older you'd be legally 16 for the rest of your life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

They will leave you with an asre like the Japanese flag!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

IBTL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Taken to Federal Pound You in the Ass prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Bouncer will most likely keep it and tell you to fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Tails142

Depends what you use it for, you could possibly be charged with fraud which carries a jail sentence. Someone else mentioned use of a false instrument, that's what they'd probably charge you with, if it were to happen, probably wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Testify

It'd only be for getting into clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Back in my day there was a lad in secondary school who did it for you

I didn't know they had a site for this

And Jim Corr is behind it!! :eek:

edit, first link in google, the mods will slap me down if I give a link

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

nothung at all would happen. most wont let you in but then hand it back. some pricks keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

charlemont wrote: »
    Tell him never to use it to drive as he will be hit with a charge for using a false instrument. A normal Garda might be fooled by it but the Traffic Corp would lamp it straight away...

Is there really much difference nowadays ?.

OP You could be caught if a garda calls in the license number and as it will come up not registered, you will get into some trouble, fraud etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Twenty years hard labour and salad tossing for you sonny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Kids, don't be in any hurry to grow up.

You'll be old enough for long enough, believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭dirtyden

You will be grand is the only answer you need to know.

Just use it for buying beer and getting into clubs. Some of the copies are quite good but someone who knows what they are looking at will twig its a fake so expect at some stage to have it taken off you. As long as you dont use it as a driving license you most likely wont get any grief if someone catches you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Testify

Ordered mine today :D not so baaad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Faking a driving license will get you in serious trouble if caught by the guards.

Faking a student id, noone will care.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

Yeah, you'd want to be some thick who goes around with a fake driving licence. Anyone can make a very realistic looking student card, which carries far less risk.

I hope whoever stole my passport a few years ago was imprisoned in some hellhole country for trying to use it. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I'd like a fake student card. I miss the discounts. Where do I get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

The offence is as follows

Using false instrument.

26.—(1) A person who uses an instrument which is, and which he or she knows or believes to be, a false instrument, with the intention of inducing another person to accept it as genuine and, by reason of so accepting it, to do some act, or to make some omission, or to provide some service, to the prejudice of that person or any other person is guilty of an offence.

(2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on conviction on indictment to a fine or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 10 years or both.

Fom here http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2001/en/act/pub/0050/sec0026.html#sec26

Any pub accepting such a document and serving alcohol will get into serious trouble including a closure order.

The relevant law in relation to a public house is here

http://www.courts.ie/__80256F2B00356A6B.nsf/0/491CD9C28228FFBE802576BF004B7705?Open&Highlight=0,Waxy,~language_en~

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

They specifically brought back hanging for fake ID's OP........is it worth the risk to end up swinging from the gallows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

There's a lad, Deco who makes loads of them town. 13 Faic Street if I recall.

Advertisement