Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Reserves

Options
  • 23-12-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm a 19 year old lad from Dublin, and thinking about joining the Navy Reserves. Basically looking for any information you can offer on it?
    e.g.
    How do I join?
    When is the next parade at rathmines barracks?
    Any other information you think is relevant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 keith_kiki

Dublin unit Nsr ,Parade on Tuesday's in Cathal Brugha BKS, from 19:45hrs to 22:00hrs,
    Not back until February, Regarding joining, at the moment its not confirmed but possibly end of march recruiting will take place but numbers are limited, Contact 01-8046445,
    hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

how did you get on >?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

The NSR have had recruiting sanctioned, the Army HR section are planning a national recruiting campaign with interviews ect to draw up a panel of candidates. It is expected to start in Jan 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I was at my local unit for the past 4 weeks on a wedensday night. They hope to get me sworn in soon enough,I have heard there are some slight changes like a fitness exam not certain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Doctor14

I was at my local unit for the past 4 weeks on a wedensday night. They hope to get me sworn in soon enough,I have heard there are some slight changes like a fitness exam not certain though.
    Same fitness test as the PDF Induction test

20 Pushups in a min, 20 Situps, 2.4km run in 11min 40secs (male)
    See http://www.military.ie/careers/fitness-testing-centre/defence-forces-fitness-tests/

• Advertisement
Advertisement