Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy perfume in Cork?

Options
  • 23-12-2012 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any places in Cork city that sell Perfume apart from Sam Macauleys, Brown Thomas (rip off), Argos and Debenhams?

Im specifically looking for Elizabeth Arden Red Door or Fifth Avenue

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The Perfume Shop in Mahon Point. Although that too is a rip off, but the best bet if you don't want to go to BT/Debs.

Next time - Either Amazon, or get someone to buy it at the airport! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The Perfume Shop in Mahon Point. Although that too is a rip off, but the best bet if you don't want to go to BT/Debs.

Next time - Either Amazon, or get someone to buy it at the airport! :D

Thanks, Unfortunatly Amazon dont ship perfume to Ireland because of the legalities of shipping items with methanol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Hogzy wrote: »
    Thanks, Unfortunatly Amazon dont ship perfume to Ireland because of the legalities of shipping items with methanol.

If you are thinking of buying on-line, I would highly recommend www.perfumeireland.com. I get my perfume there, I have not been able to find it cheaper anywhere else and delivery is very prompt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

cofy wrote: »
    If you are thinking of buying on-line, I would highly recommend www.perfumeireland.com. I get my perfume there, I have not been able to find it cheaper anywhere else and delivery is very prompt.

I need it for christmas unfortunatly. Its my own fault for leaving things this late. Might just go to Mahon point tomorrow (i dread the traffic) and try Sam Macauleys, Boots, The Perfume Shop and Debenhams. At least I can compare and contrast prices that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

L'Occitane on Olivier Plunkett Street. Amazing how things stick in your mind when Christmas shopping for women.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Sam Mcauleys in blackpool have it too or minihans would as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GlamLamb

Hogzy wrote: »

There's a way around ordering perfumes or nail polish from Great Britain through amazon.co.uk or any other seller - register with Parcel Motel, they have an address in Belfast and they will ship it to Cork to your local Parcel Motel.

GlamLamb wrote: »
    There's a way around ordering perfumes or nail polish from Great Britain through amazon.co.uk or any other seller - register with Parcel Motel, they have an address in Belfast and they will ship it to Cork to your local Parcel Motel.

They don't ship to NI...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

GlamLamb wrote: »

Bit late, they needed it for Christmas two years ago.

They don't ship to NI...

Can you specify what you mean by "they'? I ordered nail varnish to Parcel Motel's NI address and I had it ready for collection at my local Parcel Motel in the Republic of Ireland. You just can't exceed certain amounts when ordering - max 4 bottles of perfumes - up to 150 ml per bottle, and max 30 ml total amount of nail varnish. The seller has to attach special labels but it's their responsibility.

• Advertisement

They don't ship to NI...

Can you specify what you mean by "they'? I ordered nail varnish to Parcel Motel's NI address through amazon.co.uk and I had it ready for collection at my local Parcel Motel in the Republic of Ireland. You just can't exceed certain amounts when ordering - max 4 bottles of perfumes - up to 150 ml per bottle, and max 30 ml total amount of nail varnish. The seller has to attach special labels but it's their responsibility.

Certainly. Amazon do not ship to NI due to aviation rules. You were lucky it slipped through the net. Was it from a Marketplace seller?

I see. Yes, Marketplace sellers. It doesn't have to go by air, it can go by sea, can't it? Are there any restrictions if it goes by sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

The chemist on north main street is really reasonable. Also the chemist on bridge street. Found dolce and gabbana the one 30 euro cheaper there at xmas than boots and debenhams!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 angelcop

For Valentine's day I got the missus a voucher for the perfume bar on Marlboro or Prince or cook street. Can never figure out those streets. Anyway, she loved it. You create your own perfumes there.

Advertisement