Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco certified deal on groupon

Options
  • 22-12-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place for this question but groupon have a deal for a cisco certified IT network training package and I was looking got an expert opinion on it....

Do you think it is good value, and do you think that it is possible to get a job out of taking this course...

The link for groupon is http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/Career-Match/14876833

Any information and help would be truly appreciated.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place for this question but groupon have a deal for a cisco certified IT network training package and I was looking got an expert opinion on it....

Do you think it is good value, and do you think that it is possible to get a job out of taking this course...

The link for groupon is http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/Career-Match/14876833

Any information and help would be truly appreciated.....

This deal comes around every so often. Personally if you're starting out in the networking world you could self-study for CCNA cert.

If you are looking for good training www.ine.com are great. At the moment the CCNA video bootcamp is $99 I think normally it is $299. I just bought the CCNP course from them again reduced to $99 from $299.

That is just my two cent others will have their referred way of training and recommendations.

Enjoy the studying

Neon

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

neonman wrote: »

This deal comes around every so often. Personally if you're starting out in the networking world you could self-study for CCNA cert.

If you are looking for good training www.ine.com are great. At the moment the CCNA video bootcamp is $99 I think normally it is $299. I just bought the CCNP course from them again reduced to $99 from $299.

That is just my two cent others will have their referred way of training and recommendations.

Enjoy the studying

Neon
    Thanks Neon,

Appreciate three effort in posting a reply... I ended up buying the deal as I figured it would do no harm and u figured I ned systems and structure to follow....

Next up is the A+ Cert.... Where would you recommend I get this.... As it can be very expensive to get it in dublin.... I suppose it us available online, but if you had somewhere in mind I would appreciate it....

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Thanks Neon,

Appreciate three effort in posting a reply... I ended up buying the deal as I figured it would do no harm and u figured I ned systems and structure to follow....

Next up is the A+ Cert.... Where would you recommend I get this.... As it can be very expensive to get it in dublin.... I suppose it us available online, but if you had somewhere in mind I would appreciate it....

All depends on your current level of computer knowledge and of course what field you want to go into i.e. computer admin or networking admin. It wouldn't do you any harm that is for sure.

If you can get your hand on a program called Packet Tracer do, it's a great study tool while studying for the CCNA exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

thanks for posting this deal, really thinking of buying it myself. Although i kinda wanted a classroom environment, i might do just as well in this course. Is there any access to a tutor or anything for advice during the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Klair88 wrote: »
    thanks for posting this deal, really thinking of buying it myself. Although i kinda wanted a classroom environment, i might do just as well in this course. Is there any access to a tutor or anything for advice during the course?

Hi klair,

As far as I know there is access to a bunch of online experts and tutors.... I have bought it and plan on on starting it in the next week or do.... Great value in my eyes, but we elk have to wait and see :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

somone i know got it last time. he asked some networking heads about it and they said it covers all the bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Does it include the exams or just the course work and he exams are extra ? Is it any use?

Advertisement