Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor Steam Cleaners

Options
  • 22-12-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

i have cream tiles and find it had to clean them and I was thinking of getting one of these. Has anyone used one, and how do they find it, and brand recommendations would also be good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Birdsong wrote: »
    i have cream tiles and find it had to clean them and I was thinking of getting one of these. Has anyone used one, and how do they find it, and brand recommendations would also be good.

I've had the black and Decker one from Woodies for nearly two years now.

Highly recommend it. Think it cost 88.95

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Thanks a million for the recommendation, I just looked it up on the Argos website, and it's got great reviews there too, so I will buy it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

I'd love to know this myself iv two dogs and 2 cats so would be v interested

Got this today, got the Black&Decker as recommended, €79, and I have to say am very pleased with it. Very easy to use, and super quick to dry also.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Got this today, got the Black&Decker as recommended, €79, and I have to say am very pleased with it. Very easy to use, and super quick to dry also.

Does it leave a shadow after its finished? find that with our porcelain tiles.

Does it do wood floors?

Thanks

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    Does it leave a shadow after its finished? find that with our porcelain tiles.

Does it do wood floors?

Thanks

I didn't think so, my tiles are ceramic so i don't know if this makes a difference. According to the box it does do wood floors,and there are different settings for that but i have all tiles so can't help much on that

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

What it this model? So many to consider!!

Thanks

W.

Thats the one i got alright, very pleased with it since I got it. Have recommended it to friends too, only sorry i didn't get it sooner:)

the reviews on argos are great too

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I recently got a X5 mop bought to me for cream polished porcelain tiles, and it was meant to clean tiles and be bone dry within a few seconds (well thats what the demo on QVC showed anyway).

Well on all 4 settings it left the floor wet, and it needed to be polished off after it was cleaned. So sort of defeated the purpose of it, as using boiling water and a mop does the same job and still needs drying off afterwards.

May end up getting returned under the 30 day guarantee.

Advertisement