Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wishy washy Irish radio

Options
  • 22-12-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Has anybody else noticed that the quality of Irish journalism and radio has gone down hill big time?

Where's the investigative reporting , the digging out of corruption , the hard questions ? .
    There is no true independent radio station in Ireland, maybe todayfm , but its mainly music. And they did replace a well respected independent journalist with a PR consultant when he got the wrong side ( you know what Im talking about!) of his boss. He was being a journalist and had to go!
    Newstalk isnt independent since their anchor man decided to publicly endorse a political party. I have asked them why they havent used or questioned Minister Rabbitt ( yes their overseer!) about and i quote ' Its a little storm in a tea cup' remark on the station when describing the changing of a democratic election by the reading out of a lie live on tv .

I suppose the only come back we have is the ' Independent ' BAI , who told RTE to investigate themselves..... look how that turned out!

We have to wait for Independent TD's to do the digging now :)

Johnny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

There is no true independent radio station in Ireland

Was that not Ray Burkes grand plan when the independent radio bill was introduced ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Our very own Rush Limbaugh, Mr Mark Coleman wouldn't agree with you OP !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I want an Irish Howard Stern.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Today FM belongs to Communicorp, how is it independent?

• Site Banned Posts: 48 goose_gladwell

baalthor wrote: »
    Our very own Rush Limbaugh, Mr Mark Coleman wouldn't agree with you OP !

we need more marc coleman and a whole lot less shane coleman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 johnnyrafter

goose2005 wrote: »
    Today FM belongs to Communicorp, how is it independent?

Exactly , they own the only two 'Independent' National licences in the Country. No wonders the radio scope is so bland .

"we need more marc coleman and a whole lot less shane coleman"

I couldnt agree more , the only 'otherside' of the argument we get . :(

Advertisement