Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 Wireless Issues

Options
  • 22-12-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Currently running windows 8 on a new sony vaio laptop. So far everything working grand however I'm having the odd issue with wireless connectivity. After I set up the laptop it found my home wireless network and connected no problems. A few days in suddenly there's no internet access from that home wireless network, even though it's successfully connected to the wireless network (my iphone and another laptop in the house (running win 7) can connect and has internet access). So because I hadn't put much on the laptop I did a quick "windows refresh" and it seemed to do the trick.

Now just last night the same thing happened, turn on connects to wireless network, says I have internet access, but open any browser/skype etc won't connect. Ran troubleshoot and it says I have no problems. So I ran a system restore from a point 2 days ago and Bob's your aunty's husband working again.

Surely there has to be some reason for this to happen, and there has to be a better way than fixing said problem other than having to perform restorations from previous restore points.

Anyone have any similar issue?

Comments

Did you install any updates in the two days?

Could be a driver issue. If you get updates and the wifi doesnt work, just roll back the driver from device manager (Hit Windows key + R, type "devmgmt.msc" without quotes).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Thanks for the reply Joker,
    Once I'm in device manager how do I roll back the driver for my network driver?

Expand Network adapters, double click wifi adapter to open, hit Driver tab, hit Roll Back driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

You're a gent, thanks!

Advertisement