Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diploma In Corporate Finance (ICAI)

Options
  • 21-12-2012 10:36pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone has done this course recently and would be prepared to share their experiences, I'd especially like to hear from anyone who has done it via distance learning.

Thanks

Jim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭diamondtooth

Hi. I'm actually doing the distance course at the moment.

Have two assignments done and the exam will be in February.

We were posted a folder of notes in the beginning for 7 Modules and we are emailed extra notes as the course progresses. We were also give links to videos of the lecturer going through the notes online. These videos are not recordings of actual lectures its just the lecturer on his own going through the notes.

I'm actually enjoying the course. And it interesting to see examples of how it applies to companies in the real world. Having said that I need to figure out a way of how it will really benefit my career, as at the moment I do not work in the Corporate Finance area.

Any questions, let me know!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking of doing it next time around, but I've not made a final decision yet.

The course itself looks like it could be a lot of fun, although I have done a lot of this stuff in the past 25 years - I expect I'm a bit older than most of the others on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭diamondtooth

But your age won't matter! Especially if you do the distance course :D

I'm just getting ready for the exam in 2 weeks. They send out 2 sample exam papers and that along with the questions in the notes is all we have to go on really. In the exam you answer 3 questions out of 5 so the odds are not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Would this be beneficial to me if I have an honours degree in corporate finance and accounting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Looking in to doing this in 2014 aswell if someone who has done it before could PM their experience, lecturer quality, exam difficulty, level of study required and if it added anything to their job prospects. Would be looking into the distance option aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 MagicWanderer

Anyone do this or any of the other ICAI diplomas?
    Did you find it beneficial in your career?
    PM or reply here, whichever suits.

Advertisement