Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell.ie screwed up for Christmas

Options
  • 21-12-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi

I need some advice from people who are familiar with dell/internet transactions and transaction disputes.

My girlfriend wanted to buy me a new laptop for Xmas on 10th of December from dell.ie, she went ahead and paid for it but when she got no confirmation email for another day she read the T&C and found out that she couldn't use non-Irish card.

So then she tricked me and said that her Mum wanted to buy a new laptop for her friend and if I would do it with my Irish Card.

(she took money out of her non-Irish account and lodged it straight into my account).

So I went ahead and ordered the laptop, money got taken off my account, got confirmation email and on 14th I got an email saying that my order has been dispatched - which I tracked on ups website and it was just leaving China.

I got a phone call on the same day from a weird number: 02044000
    I tried to call back but it wouldn't ring, I googled it and most of forums stated it was some scam from Dell. anyway I couldn't ring it back.

on the same day I got an email from Salma_ume_something (don't remember)@dell.com saying that it was final notice of cancellation of my order.

I looked at it and checked the customer number and order number against the order that had gone through and they didn't match so I thought there must have been related to the previous transaction, I replied back saying that my order has just been dispatched and asked where she got that order number from - I also explained that her order number and customer number didn't match those that were gone through.

I also copied the whole confirmation email from dell in there and emailed it back.

I was tracking the movement of this laptop (just to make sure it was coming on time) everything was fine until yesterday when the below line appeared - I refused the delivery.

Shannon, Ireland 20/12/2012 10:00 Receiver stated they did not order and refused this delivery / Returned to shipper

Shannon, Ireland 17/12/2012 7:18 Destination Scan
    17/12/2012 6:24 Arrival Scan

Dublin, Ireland 17/12/2012 5:42 Departure Scan
    17/12/2012 4:16 Arrival Scan

Koeln, Germany 17/12/2012 3:25 Departure Scan

Koeln, Germany 16/12/2012 22:12 Import Scan

16/12/2012 19:21 Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance / Released by clearing agency Now in-transit for delivery

16/12/2012 16:04 Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance

Incheon, Korea, Republic of 16/12/2012 12:26 Departure Scan
    16/12/2012 5:46 Arrival Scan

Chengdu, China 16/12/2012 1:49 Departure Scan

Chengdu, China 15/12/2012 19:18 Origin Scan

China 14/12/2012 6:51 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I rang up straight away giving out that there was never an attempt made to deliver goods because there was no note left, no phone call missed but they told me that Dell requested for this item to be shipped back to them.

Then a whole hell of long phone calls started.

I have rang Dell about 8 times for at least 20 minutes each time with the following outcome:

1. Verification department cancelled my order.
    2. The email that I received regarding cancelled order with completely different order number to the one that had gone through was in fact about that order. (two different order/customer number for same order/customer).
    3. There is nobody I can ring.
    4. They will not return my money - I have to request charge back at my bank.

The guys from verification department rang me once on 14th when I was at work, I couldn't ring back. I emailed them as well - there was an automated email saying ''out of office".

Right now I have no money to buy a new laptop in time for Christmas because the transaction had gone through, nobody at dell can reverse the ''package being returned to sender''.

I was give ONE chance to answer the phone call (which I couldn't because was at work) from verification department and my order got cancelled with no another opportunity to get back to them.

My bank's verification department is closed right now so I have to ring on Monday.

I paid with Ulster bank Visa debit card, does anybody know how long it will take for the dispute to go through.. ?

I am very sad not for myself, but for my girlfriend who was saving up hard to buy me a new laptop and she really wanted to surprise me - she told me about two hours ago that this laptop was for me and not for her mother's friend and I was indeed shocked as I would have never expected it.
    She is very sad now because not only she won't have the huge 'surprise' for me but right now we don't even know if money will be returned to us or how long it will take..

Thank You anybody who can answer any of the above questions..

Regards

Matus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

That's a sad story. I can only suggest you contact the Ulster Bank card division who should issue a refund.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

dell does not ship from china

never pay with debit card

never date girlfriend that does tricks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

dell does not ship from china

never pay with debit card

never date girlfriend that does tricks

wrong on everything

Advertisement