Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naturalisation

Options
  • 21-12-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I hope someone can help me get clear on this.

I've been considering applying for Irish Citizenship through naturalisation.
    I've done my research and it appears I'd be eligible, except where it says one must be supporting themselves.

This is where I'm stuck. I've been living in Ireland for 8 years, arriving here just in time to start secondary school.
    Currently I'm in full time higher education, having a bit over 2 years left to get a BA degree.
    While I'm studying, I am not employed and live with my parents.
    So going by that, could I still apply for a citizenship, or must I wait until I get a job and become self-supporting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

You can apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭Tow

"one must be supporting themselves" is a polite way of saying 'One must not be supported by the state' or 'one must not have drawn the dole'

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Demyx

Oh, I see!
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RickyRoss

So im clearly new to this boards thing. Sorry ha!

Im trying to get some information in regards to this matter.

My dad is a naturalised citizen. Could and would this have any advantages for me ???

im planning on going on a 2 week holiday to spain with some friends. I hold a nigerian passport (pain in the ass) I just want to know would my dad been a full irish citizen allow me to travel visa free????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

RickyRoss wrote: »
    So im clearly new to this boards thing. Sorry ha!

Im trying to get some information in regards to this matter.

My dad is a naturalised citizen. Could and would this have any advantages for me ???

im planning on going on a 2 week holiday to spain with some friends. I hold a nigerian passport (pain in the ass) I just want to know would my dad been a full irish citizen allow me to travel visa free????

Again simple answer no your fathers passport does not matter to you in a visa application (unless he is exercising treaty rights but that's a whole other story). You can apply for a passport in your own right (processing times have been reduced).

• Advertisement
Advertisement