Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is bbc radio4 gone from LW?

Options
  • 21-12-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi folks, have a question which is actually from my Gran. She's been listening to The Archers for more than 50 years but recently she hasn't been able to get BBC Radio 4 on her radio. She always received it on LW. I've tried to get it too but can't find it.
    I'm thinking it must have something to do with the turning off of the analogue signals but I really don't know that much about that kind of thing.
    If this is the case how would I go about getting her Radio 4 back? DAB Radio? At the minute I'm just podcasting the show for her and putting it on mp3 for her but its not an ideal situation.
    Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

I can still get a LW signal in Dublin although interference is a problem at times. So Radio 4 is still on LW. Only options are internet radio, or FM if you are lucky in your geographic location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LW is still on 198 LW but I have noticed a few "KRLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" sound disruptions recently, how long have you checked and when? Its on right now, but quite weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]- Satellite or Cable TV
    - The iRadio or TuneIn radio Apps on smart phones
    - Internet
    [/FONT]

Advertisement