Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going rate for used SRM s ?

Options
  • 21-12-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ppdb84.jpg

how much would you pay for this ? its something i want to use for ftp tests on the turbo and to be honest only a crank based one is considered despite the fact i prefer power taps myself.
    Srm has 2 previous users looks in good nick
    on ebay a new srm sram red (only crank) sold for 900 euro on ebay uk this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

peter kern wrote: »

how much would you pay for this ? its something i want to use for ftp tests on the turbo and to be honest only a crank based one is considered despite the fact i prefer power taps myself.

Looks in good nick and a PC7, any mounting kits with it? How old is it/how many km's done?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

A new wireless DA 7800 crankset with a new PC7.... gonna cost you.

Personally I hate the loook of 7900 chainrings on a stock 7800 crank but hey.....

PC7 is 600+ euro on its own.

Do you want to switch it regularly between client bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Looks in good nick and a PC7, any mounting kits with it? How old is it/how many km's done?

yes with mounting kit and since he is 2nd user now it hasnt been used much with the 2nd owner .
    but anyway one certainly has to factor in that it needs a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

yes with mounting kit and since he is 2nd user now it hasnt been used much with the 2nd owner .

Anything from €1300 to €1500 I'd imagine.

The PC7 batter won't need to be changed. The PC7 can also tell you exactly how long the battery in the crank arms has left so that might not even need to be changed.

All then that you need from a service is have it recalibrated. For that you can send it to the UK or ask your local friendly tubby nerd to do.

(PS the mounting kit for a SRM Wireless is just a rare earth magnet)

• Advertisement

The only thing that pushed down the resale value of a wired SRM was the release of the wireless. With nothing to replace the wireless from SRM I think you'd be doing extremely well to get a SRM DA and PC7 for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

If thinking of going new i bought my srm with base fsa cranks for 1450 sterling. id start by e mailing auriel in the uk and seeing if she has any deals.

If thinking of going new i bought my srm with base fsa cranks for 1450 sterling. id start by e mailing auriel in the uk and seeing if she has any deals.

Alot depends on what Peter really wants out of this. If its to put on many different client bikes then the FSA ones are not the ones to go for. As you can testify FSA + wrong BB == problem

thanks !
    the 1 thing i dodnt like is that the crank and chain rings dodnt much and the guy hasnt mentioned that as i think it would be fair to mention that and most people woth see that.

I cant see tunney s posts as i got a bit weary of his posts. but if their is anything valid I am happy to look at them.

thanks !
    the 1 thing i dodnt like is that the crank and chain rings dodnt much and the guy hasnt mentioned that as i think it would be fair to mention that and most people woth see that.

I cant see tunney s posts as i got a bit weary of his posts. but if their is anything valid I am happy to look at them.

LOL, hadn't Peter down for the girly sensitive type, however his client base makes alot of sense now............

• Advertisement

Thanks good tip.

had a quick look an yes agree its different chainrings
    which I dodnt like that much as it should have been mentioned by the seller.
    and also agree shimnao might be the better option as it would change around quite a bit and 1 of the main bikes i look for might clash with the FSR.
    thanks dave.

had a quick look an yes agree its different chainrings
    which I dodnt like that much as it should have been mentioned by the seller.
    and also agree shimnao might be the better option as it would change around quite a bit and 1 of the main bikes i look for might clash with the FSR.
    thanks dave.

The seller might not have thought to have mentioned it he might not have set them up like that.

DA 7900 cannot take the SRM electronics. There is no such thing as a SRM DA 7900, there are only modified 7800 with 7900 crankarms.

TO be honest with the advent of 9000 with the new BCD I think that the 7900 is dead in the water so I'd go (and went) 7800 again. Plus Q-rings are not compatible with 7900 (stock or modified 7800)

In all reality the chain rings on any second hand crankset will need to be changed. You can swap out easily for 7800 - you would need a recalibration though. Not sure your local tubby nerd would still be classed as friendly though, I believe he was going to ask did you want to see an SRM DA with PC7 and try it too see what you thought.

Nice thing about the PC7 is the recording rate can go down to 0.5 seconds for detailed analysis (and the PC7 isn't subject to the same +/- 5% inaccuracy as garmins on longer rides, although if solely used on a turbo for testing thats not and issue)

Advertisement