Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to reapply for finance? Please help!

Options
  • 21-12-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

So basically I did a foundation year in Cambridge last year, and the title of the foundation year was Forensic Science. Before the year is up, you decide what course you want to do out of the choices available. In this case, I chose Psychology.

On some part of the paperwork, it says to be eligible for the grant, you must be on the same course as the year previous, and of course a load of other things.

The year before I started the foundation year, it was called 'Science Foundation Year', but because everyone was having a problem with student finance from UK and Ireland they renamed it to Forensic Science and made it a 4 year course.

The problem here is, because the title of my course has changed even though technically it is still part of the 4 year course, and I'm technically second year, will the Irish student finance recognise this or will they just say because it looks like I've changed course, I'll have to reapply again?

Thanks.

If some of this doesn't make sense, please say, this is pretty important.

Advertisement