Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question?

Options
  • 20-12-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Failed a year in a level 8, paid for the first term of a repeat then left.

What I'm wondering is if I reapply to next years CAO would I be required to pay full fees again?

Thanks,
    ED E.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

ED E wrote: »
    Hey all,

Failed a year in a level 8, paid for the first term of a repeat then left.

What I'm wondering is if I reapply to next years CAO would I be required to pay full fees again?

Thanks,
    ED E.

As far as i know you will have to pay full fee's for your first year only as you've already used one of the years you are 'entitled' to. Depending on what college you go to it could range from 4 to 8 grand.

After that you will back to paying just the standard registration fees.

You could possibly organise to pay for your full fee's in your final year instead of your first year, should you need to save, thats down to the college though really an they may not offer such an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thread revival time.

@Mods: Can you possibly move this over to student finances? Should really be there, my mistake.

So, as far as I can tell dorkacle is correct above. Great. What I'm wondering is whats the story with a grant app/SUSI. Circumstances have changed and if it was my first application I think I'd qualify. What I'm unsure of does the tuition fees situation affect a SUSI application or are they separate? Its looking like a job in tesco if I cant get assistance. If I was on Jobseekers a little longer I'd be eligible for BTEA but unfortunately thats not the case :(

Hnnngh, really wish I'd made a better choice on my original CAO. Hindsight and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thread revival time.

@Mods: Can you possibly move this over to student finances? Should really be there, my mistake.

So, as far as I can tell dorkacle is correct above. Great. What I'm wondering is whats the story with a grant app/SUSI. Circumstances have changed and if it was my first application I think I'd qualify. What I'm unsure of does the tuition fees situation affect a SUSI application or are they separate? Its looking like a job in tesco if I cant get assistance. If I was on Jobseekers a little longer I'd be eligible for BTEA but unfortunately thats not the case :(

Hnnngh, really wish I'd made a better choice on my original CAO. Hindsight and all that...

You probably wouldn't be eligible for a grant for year 1 but would from year 2 onwards

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Thread revival time.

Hi there,

If you have previously started a level 8 course and not completed it, and you now wish to begin another level 8 course you may be required to complete a repeat period of study before you will be entitled to receive a grant from SuSi.

I hope this helps clear things up.

If you have any further queries, please PM me directly and I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Kind regards,
    Robbie,
    SuSi Support

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks for the input guys.

Gonna try and work something out financially.

• Advertisement
Advertisement