Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman 'Christmas deals' scam

Options
  • 20-12-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

mad.pngmad.pngmad.pngmad.pngmad.png

Just to warn anyone doing shopping in Harveynorman this weekend.

I was out there in Swords an hour ago and bought a laptop, was told i was getting the best price bladey blah...got him down a bit too.

So i come home with laptop and surprise , its 30 EURO CHEAPER on their website, to be honest more than one of the laptops are cheaper on the website???

Fair enough, they have said they will refund the difference but its not the point. Its just a case of 'hope the shoppers are busy and wont notice'.

You have been warned.... i would also check their site for prices on tv's etc before buying in store just to be sure....

NOT COOL AT ALL. mad.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

As discussed to death on numerous threads most things are cheaper online. A shop has overheads, staff there to talk you through your purchase and to answer your question, usually with working display models vs a computer where an item is just pulled from a warehouse.

Online shopping does not require the same facilities as a bricks and mirror shop. Also online you can get discount codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

This is in the wrong section and is a double posted thread. OP should receive a warning...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

italodisco wrote: »
    mad.pngmad.pngmad.pngmad.pngmad.png

Just to warn anyone doing shopping in Harveynorman this weekend.

I was out there in Swords an hour ago and bought a laptop, was told i was getting the best price bladey blah...got him down a bit too.

So i come home with laptop and surprise , its 30 EURO CHEAPER on their website, to be honest more than one of the laptops are cheaper on the website???

Fair enough, they have said they will refund the difference but its not the point. Its just a case of 'hope the shoppers are busy and wont notice'.

You have been warned.... i would also check their site for prices on tv's etc before buying in store just to be sure....
    NOT COOL AT ALL. mad.png

Well you did'nt listen too much to the ads. I've heard quite a few that said go to the website for best deals:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Well you did'nt listen too much to the ads. I've heard quite a few that said go to the website for best deals:pac:

slightly off topic but is anyone having trouble getting onto the Harvey Norman website? Tried a few times today and it keeps getting blocked for security reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

You would have been waiting till after Christmas if u ordered it online

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Anyway.......... its not a BA so closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement