Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which website?

Options
  • 20-12-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, guys!
    I'm talking to gay/bisexual/curious males that are not out and have more experience than me with websites used for meeting other guys...
    Which one is the best?
    I'm considering to subscribe to the best one and I've tried

Adam4Adam (nobody is there)

GayRomeo (O.K.)

GayDar (O.K.)

but I wonder if there's one you would really advise to people living in Ireland...

Comments

I guess it depends what you hope to get FROM the website in question.

If you are looking for love first and sex later then the website one might recommend to you will be different than if you are looking more for sexual encounters first and love later.

Although not gay myself my lifestyle puts me in MUCH contact with the gay community and working with them and for them in many ways here in Ireland.

I have heard squirt.org mentioned often for those looking for sex encounters as I believe it has facilities to not only see profiles but to sort them by who is actually on line at that moment and sort them in terms of distance from your own current location.

www.gaire.com I have also heard mentioned. The classifieds section of it is more geared towards sexual encounters than love encounters. But there is an active message board there too which seems to have a friendly community of people there for the chat, the community and friendship.

Both sites are heavily geared towards Ireland.

Also you just joined the Gay Community on boards.ie THIS is one of the sites I would recommend any gay people in Ireland so you have already - technically - answered your own question by coming here to ask it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

Plentyoffish.com is worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

If you have a phone grindr is really popular. Also there is jackd also on phone app. Jackd tends to have a large proporation of non-nationals.

Although a lot of people on these apps are looking for sex. So are actually looking for relationships. The app is better as you can talk to them without having to give your phone no too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Okcupid is not bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

yeah Plentyoffish.com is good but it can be really slow meeting up with people.You coul try some lgbt groups in outhouse,or go out on the pull in the george :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Before I came out and since I have come out, I have found Gaydar the best for making new friends as well as finding dates. Larger number of users and the chat facility is very handy and more userfriendly than other sites.

After that, I would suggest Grindr. As it uses GPS, it is great for someone like me who lives in a country town and there is no Gay Scene to speak of. Again, I have found it handy both for making friends and for dates...

Plenty of Fish, I don't find great, probably because I live in Clare and for some reason it always suggests Cork people as the people close to me. No offense to Cork people, but it's not exactly local!

Squirt.org, joined this, discovered it is mainly just people who are looking for sex regardless of age/appearance/etc. No real potential for dates or friends on there man.

Gaire seems to have had it's day, but the lack of chat facilities etc really hinder it and I see it falling by the wayside.

There are more, such as Jackd, Bender, Manhunt, Ladslads, but I find that none of them are really any good for meeting people.

I would suggest here and LadsLads though for general discussion on Forums.

Oh, and an honourable mention goes to Tagged as well, the Meet Me app on it is handy and has resulted in me making some mates all over the country from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Yep, really depends on what you want.

Mates/dates: Plenty of Fish app is handy. Gaydar is good for this too but you do have to navigate away from those that want just sex.

Advertisement