Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair Advice

Options
  • 20-12-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭

Well lads just joined Betfair today and would appreciate some tips/whats the best way to use the site..

My main motivation for joining was the ability to lay a bet that was the onl one not coming in/looking likely in a small accumulator which has happened me a few times recently....I'm also looking at laying teams (Chelsea/liverpool) that seem to be usually underpriced expecially at home...

On that note in another question, is it generally more profitable (if Chelsea dont win of course) to say lay Chelsea at home to Aston Villa rather than back Villa on the double chance....thats just an example but I mean generally.

Cheers in advance for any info!

Edit : Oh ye i confirmed my age using credit card but have no completed the KYC ID thing, does this restrict anything? (I am able to withdraw)

Comments

P.Walnuts wrote: »

My main motivation for joining was the ability to lay a bet that was the onl one not coming in/looking likely in a small accumulator which has happened me a few times recently...............

Your main motivation is sound, I'd just use it for that if I was you.

The laying theory is all well and good but once you consider the Betfair price to lay in comparison to the highstreet price and the commission to Betfair how often will you see the underpricing you speak of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

RoverJames wrote: »
    Your main motivation is sound, I'd just use it for that if I was you.

The laying theory is all well and good but once you consider the Betfair price to lay in comparison to the highstreet price and the commission to Betfair how often will you see the underpricing you speak of :)

Ye i'm a little wary of the commission alright, what kind of figures are we talking?

(Lets just say 10 euro on 2/1 winner)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Ye i'm a little wary of the commission alright, what kind of figures are we talking?

I had a decent 2.10 win yesterday - not sure of the actual commision, but looks like I got paid out at about 2.05

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

tinodz wrote: »
    I had a decent 2.10 win yesterday - not sure of the actual commision, but looks like I got paid out at about 2.05

Cheers for the info.

I'm gonna play through enough to unlock the refer and earn bonus for my mate, and then see from there. Like I sad I think i'll mainly just be using it to lay off the odd bet. I''ve been using Bet365 mainly after changing from PP, happy enough and think the bulk of my activity will still be there.

5 per cent on net profit per market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Well lads just joined Betfair today and would appreciate some tips/whats the best way to use the site..

My main motivation for joining was the ability to lay a bet that was the onl one not coming in/looking likely in a small accumulator which has happened me a few times recently....I'm also looking at laying teams (Chelsea/liverpool) that seem to be usually underpriced expecially at home...

On that note in another question, is it generally more profitable (if Chelsea dont win of course) to say lay Chelsea at home to Aston Villa rather than back Villa on the double chance....thats just an example but I mean generally.

Cheers in advance for any info!

Edit : Oh ye i confirmed my age using credit card but have no completed the KYC ID thing, does this restrict anything? (I am able to withdraw)

Laying a team is the same as backing opposition double chance. Just cuts the result down to 2 scenarios really.

Advertisement