Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Article

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Interesting. I've just finished reading Once a Runner, and whilst fictional, written originally in 1978 must have drawn from known runners. The fictional main character, a miler, trained up to 140 miles a week, up to 30 miles in a day, brutal "sessions" of 400m repeats, worst one being 60 reps! Ok it was fictional but the author must have drawn on empirical research. Basically the speed work was the critical element for the miler but the huge aerobic base was the key element.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i was wondering do they count only american passport holder for this study in the post 2000 aerea or are non american born runners like lukas verzbicas ( who does not have an american passport) included since one sees quite a few african runners at the Us Collegiate champs and i wonder when they are invited into the Us for high scholl or college ?

Advertisement