Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ Prices?

Options
  • 19-12-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I'm attempting to budget for a month long trip to New Zealand and apart from accommodation and the odd internal flight which i know the price off, Im trying to work out how much I'll on the other big two... beer & petrol.

Can you give me the rough price of a pint in Auckland, Queenstown & Wellington and the general price of petrol as I'll be doing a fair bit of driving.

I know the question might sound lame but when you work it out social life, going out for beers works out the most on these trips. I've factored in the odd bungee jump and sky dive and reckon with all I want to do ill be coming back a poor man, ah well could be worse could not be going at all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

2.12 for fuel, it varies a lot though

$9-9.50 for a pint in the main cities I would guess. I pay $8-8.50 here in New Plymouth anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yeah the trip I did to the South Island, I never really factored in the social aspect of it which was a big bank drainer for me. Bungies and especially the skydive also didn't help, but worth it :)

Price of a pint in Wellington for me varied from $4 to $10 depending on the night, where I went or what deals were on. Average price was around $8. Same in Queenstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

$4
    :eek:
    where?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

$4
    :eek:
    where?!?

Hostel bar all day on a Wednesday and every other during happy hour. I did manage to find found all the cheapest places during my time there :D

Advertisement