Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTia change in 2013 (700/800 series)

Options
  • 19-12-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I'd like to do the CompTia A+ exam, but am a little confused as to how the updated exam would affect me.

From what I've read, the 800 series of exams will take over from the current 700 series in test centres from Jan/Feb 2013. But I've also read that the deadline for completing the 700 series exam is August 2013... :confused:

At this stage should I wait until the new exam comes in, or is it worth my while trying to squeeze in the older course in the next few weeks/months?

If I took the 700 series now, would I need to take some kind of bridge exam to get the latest qualification?

I know the A+ exam is just a starter/stepping stone qualification, but from the point of view of an employer, would it make a difference if my A+ qualification was from the 700 or 800 series?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 PatrickMc

Trine wrote: »
    I'd like to do the CompTia A+ exam, but am a little confused as to how the updated exam would affect me.

From what I've read, the 800 series of exams will take over from the current 700 series in test centres from Jan/Feb 2013. But I've also read that the deadline for completing the 700 series exam is August 2013... :confused:

At this stage should I wait until the new exam comes in, or is it worth my while trying to squeeze in the older course in the next few weeks/months?

If I took the 700 series now, would I need to take some kind of bridge exam to get the latest qualification?

I know the A+ exam is just a starter/stepping stone qualification, but from the point of view of an employer, would it make a difference if my A+ qualification was from the 700 or 800 series?

Thanks.

You can still do the older 700 and 701 and you'll still get the same Comptia cert that lasts 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Is August 13' a definite time limit to finish the 700 series? Hoping to start it soon, but dont want to start doing an out of date one. intend to do the fas online one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 PatrickMc

shakin wrote: »
    Is August 13' a definite time limit to finish the 700 series? Hoping to start it soon, but dont want to start doing an out of date one. intend to do the fas online one

Been out of date doesn't really matter you'll still get the same cert. The only thing that's added as far as I know is Windows 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

I did the 800 series tests last week. If I compare to some practice tests of the 700 series I used beforehand, I cannot say there was that much of a difference.

Advertisement