Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 19-12-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a lot of trouble using my card in shops as it only works some of the time.
    Do I order a new one at the local branch or is there a number/email that I can use to get a new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Galwayguy35,

If you need to request a replacement Visa Debit card for any reason, you can ring Banking365 directly on 0818 365 365 or you can phone your branch. You can find your branch's contact details here.

Please be aware that there is an €8 charge for a replacement visa Debit card.

Thanks for your query and if there is anything we can help with, please let us know.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

Hi Galwayguy35,

If you need to request a replacement Visa Debit card for any reason, you can ring Banking365 directly on 0818 365 365 or you can phone your branch. You can find your branch's contact details here.

Please be aware that there is an €8 charge for a replacement visa Debit card.

Thanks for your query and if there is anything we can help with, please let us know.

Pat
    Why is there a charge for a faulty card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi galway1973,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If a card is working when first received and then becomes faulty due to wear and tear, there is a charge applied for replacing it.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well it started giving trouble after only about a month and a half so I don't really see how it would have got much wear and tear but I didn't really see the point in arguing about it so i took the hit for the €8

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

Well it started giving trouble after only about a month and a half so I don't really see how it would have got much wear and tear but I didn't really see the point in arguing about it so i took the hit for the €8

I rang 365 at weekend and was told about 8 euro charge so I called branch this am and they waived the charge .i have been using chip and pin cards from day one without any problem so why should I have to pay a charge for a replacement card after only 7/8 months. Obviously it was faulty from day one. I do have to say my branch wad very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

galway1973 wrote: »
    I rang 365 at weekend and was told about 8 euro charge so I called branch this am and they waived the charge .i have been using chip and pin cards from day one without any problem so why should I have to pay a charge for a replacement card after only 7/8 months. Obviously it was faulty from day one. I do have to say my branch wad very helpful.
    I'll keep that in mind if it happens to me again and go into the local branch instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi all,

Thanks for posting.

There is a charge for replacing a lost, stolen or damaged card on an account, however, if a card is reported as faulty within the first few weeks of issue, the fee to replace the card may be waived.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement