Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoghan Mc Dermot leaving xfm

Options
  • 19-12-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

He's just tweeted he's leaving Xfm in London, he must be coming back to Today FM's 7 to 9 weekdays surely? He's the perfect motormouth for that slot surely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

6Music it has been rumoured or maybe even Radio 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Why would he go to Today FM? That would baffle me and would be a step backwards for him.
    Radio 1 should snap him up. He'd be a great signing for them and could be a possible replacement for Mills when he leaves in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Why would he go to Today FM? That would baffle me and would be a step backwards for him.
    Radio 1 should snap him up. He'd be a great signing for them and could be a possible replacement for Mills when he leaves in a few years.

I also heard some rumours about Radio 1. We'll have to wait and see what happens in the new year! Excited :D

I also heard some rumours about Radio 1. We'll have to wait and see what happens in the new year! Excited :D

Yeah it would be great if he went to Radio 1 and he would be perfect playing the variety of music that R1 plays having had the Top 40/Pop experience at SPIN and then the indie rock stint at XFM. Having made some awful schedule changes at the station, Ben Cooper could recognise some young talent (emphasis on young seeing as that is all the BBC Trust and Cooper are interested in these days) and make a strong addition to the line-up.
    It seems that Eoghan parted company with XFM amicably rather than being dropped from his slot. Perhaps he has something bigger lined up or else his tweets are extremely sarcastic.

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Yeah it would be great if he went to Radio 1 and he would be perfect playing the variety of music that R1 plays having had the Top 40/Pop experience at SPIN and then the indie rock stint at XFM. Having made some awful schedule changes at the station, Ben Cooper could recognise some young talent (emphasis on young seeing as that is all the BBC Trust and Cooper are interested in these days) and make a strong addition to the line-up.
    It seems that Eoghan parted company with XFM amicably rather than being dropped from his slot. Perhaps he has something bigger lined up or else his tweets are extremely sarcastic.

Even though in his YouTube bit he comments on how "awful" Top 40 music is :D

But i'd imagine he's got something else lined up most definitely and something outside the GLOBAL network too. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he ended up in BBC anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hart

Colm O'Sullivan from Red FM is taking over the 7.00-9.00pm slot on Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Hart wrote: »
    Colm O'Sullivan from Red FM is taking over the 7.00-9.00pm slot on Today FM

I think he's the PD in Red fm

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

Where has this been announced?

Exactly?! Source I've heard otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Mcdermott hasnt surfaced anywhere following his departure from XFM , wonder was he sacked or depart of his own accord ?

• Advertisement

Judging by his tweets at the time of his departure from the station, it seems he left by his own accord and in the Q4 RAJARs, his show added 18,000 listeners but him leaving coincided with a major overhaul of the XFM schedule so it's hard to tell.
    I couldn't understand it if he did leave. He does The Voice on Sundays but the live shows won't start for a few weeks so it appears that he isn't working in London during the week right now. It is a shame because he is great on the radio and I could see him going to Radio 1 if he was up for that and Ben Cooper thought he was suitable. Hopefully he'll pop up somewhere in the near future.

Advertisement