Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Sales for Baby items

Options
  • 19-12-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

Going to be a first time dad next April and we've started looking around at all the things we need to get (Never knew something so small could need so much stuff :) ).

As this is our first we've never really paid any attention to January sales for babies or are there any? Were starting from scratch so need a good bit and we were wondering if any of the bigger shops do sales in January or if the prices are the pretty much the same all year round?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I have seen sales in Mothercare and Mamas & Papas already. We're in the same boat, baby due in March and we haven't bought anything yet as waiting for the sales in January. I know in both Mamas & Papas and baby elegance you can put a deposit down on sale items now and you will pay the sale price when you finalise the purchase.

Ive seen some really good deals on mamas & papas online in regards to their nursery packages (ie cot, wardrobe and chest of drawers with baby changing unit to sit on chest of drawers) some are reduced to half price.

Hope this helps a little :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paulztag

Thanks for the reply.

Ya I was looking at the same stuff on the Mams and Papas website and there is some good prices, I just wasn't sure whether to wait until Jan or not. Some of the stuff on it is lovely but the prices are crazy.

Looks like the baby could end up with a more expensive bed than me...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I find mamas & papas quite expensive, as far as i know Baby Elegance sale starts end of Dec start of Jan, but defo shop around as the prices vary. For nursery furniture their is also IKEA.

Thanks for the tips and good luck with with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Was going to say, we got our nursery furniture at ikea....great quality and the prices were fantastic...got a dresser with a changing table top that is removeable so we can continue using the dresser well after the changing table bit isn't needed anymore!

also make sure to check out pricing on amazon.co.uk....what we ended up doing was buying tons from there. most things over 25 pounds qualify for super saver shipping. we would look at things in the shops, like mothercare or baby stores and then compare pricing online. We found we usually saved 20-30% from the store prices and it was delivered right to the house! You can also sign up for amazon family and there are special offers on baby and toddler stuff there and deals on shipping as well!
    (the customer reviews from parents who used the products have been really handy as well!)

• Advertisement

Thanks Rachineire and elly123.

Hadn't thought of Ikea but will definitely take a look. Thanks for the tip on amazon too. I usually buy alot of my online stuff from them and find them very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 annegreen

Premier Moment photography are offering 20% off all their maternity photography and belly casts. I think you can book in January for any date in the year for the discount.

Advertisement