Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TuneIn radio app issues

Options
  • 19-12-2012 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Is anybody having issues with the TuneIn app?

I'm using it on iPhone 4 with iOS5.

Most stations work fine, but some don't.

Most notably Sky Sports News Radio doesn't work at all, and Today FM "skips" quite often.

(by the way full wireless and 5 bars of signal, so coverage isn't the issue)

Anybody else have issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

I updated iTunes on my PC for the second time in 2 weeks and I cant play TodayFM livestream though iTunes today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Cant say I have TBH.

Perhaps try an alternate stream.

When in a station, swipe left to the "options" tab & select "choose stream".
    If available select an alternative stream.

Perhaps that might work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

I haven't had any issues with it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks folks, nothing changed even though I tried that. It's the most updated version, updated only day or two ago.

But I suppose on the plus side, with Today FM skipping all the time at least I don't have to listen to Ray D'Arcy and all his um, eh, sigh, eject eject, now why isn't that playing, Kate this, Kate that etc etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Renno

Problems here as well

iPhone 4 running 5.0

I only listen to a few BBC stations, but lots of problems with not connecting, or buffering repeatedly.

Not wifi or 3g issue though. I had assumed it was an issue with the BBC feeds once they brought out their new radio iplayer, but it seems as if it must be a TuneIn problem instead.

Presume it could also be a TuneIn issue with 5.0/6.0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Renno

Just installed the TuneIn update (3.3), and it appears to be working

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭PatM65

I've found that stations I can listen to through my phones 3G are unavailable when I connect to my home wi-fi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

There are some issues with the current release on TineIn app, esp on iOS6. Symptoms are mostly app just quits, or cannot connect and appears to hang with all buttons greyed out.

Tunein are aware and hope to have it fixed shortly.

In fact its been happening for the fast few releases, one by one the problems seem to be getting better.

A.

Advertisement