Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 5 and ZyXEL Modem

Options
  • 19-12-2012 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,
    I had my iPhone 5 connected to the old Eircom Netopia modem without any problems. I just updated to their new ZyXEL P-660HN-T1A modem and can no longer connect. When I type in the password to connect, it tells me I am entering the incorrect password. I have checked all the different encryption methods and none of them allow me to connect. I turned off the encryption and could connect with no problems, but cannot leave it like this. I have confirmed the same problem on another ZyXEL modem and tested my modem with an iPhone 4 on ios 6, with no problems.
    I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this and worked out a solution to the problem?? I am on the latest firmware (iOS 6.0.2) and have the phone with Meteor.
    Any help is very much appreciated, thanks!!!
    Graham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

mossysyls wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I had my iPhone 5 connected to the old Eircom Netopia modem without any problems. I just updated to their new ZyXEL P-660HN-T1A modem and can no longer connect. When I type in the password to connect, it tells me I am entering the incorrect password. I have checked all the different encryption methods and none of them allow me to connect. I turned off the encryption and could connect with no problems, but cannot leave it like this. I have confirmed the same problem on another ZyXEL modem and tested my modem with an iPhone 4 on ios 6, with no problems.
    I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this and worked out a solution to the problem?? I am on the latest firmware (iOS 6.0.2) and have the phone with Meteor.
    Any help is very much appreciated, thanks!!!
    Graham

Are you using WPA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Them Eircom Zyxels are a load of $hit.

When you do connect you will notice the wifi dropping on the phone every couple of minutes because the zyxel has a reautentication timeout. I played around with its config for ages and couldn't stop this. Got a new router instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mossysyls

Are you using WPA?

I have tried wep/wpa and wpa2 but nothing lets me connect
    @stainless_steel yeah it's looking like i'll have to buy myself a new router :( any suggestions on a cheap alternative?

I have this modem and my iPhone works fine with it.

Try the WPA again, are you putting in the generated code it gives you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

The router is a piece of sh!t. I bought a netgear DGN1000 for about €70 and it works fine with 3 phones, an iPad, laptop and ps3 connected

• Advertisement

I have this modem and my iPhone works fine with it.

Try the WPA again, are you putting in the generated code it gives you?

Yes I have even copied the code and emailed it to my phone to paste in and didn't work. Have you got the iphone 5? My girlfriends iphone 4 connects with no problem

mossysyls wrote: »

Yes I have even copied the code and emailed it to my phone to paste in and didn't work. Have you got the iphone 5? My girlfriends iphone 4 connects with no problem

No, 4s. Well if the other iPhone is working with it and your 5 is not it must be something in the settings you need to change. Your better off giving them a ring and they'll sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I'm having a similar issue. IPad and 4s work fine, iPhone 5 can't seem to connect. Although I think it did before the 6.0.2 update.

I'm going to give the Eircom support line a call and see if they can provide a solution. Glad to know i'm not the only one with this problem so I can't be fobbed off with "its not us it must be your iphone". I don't think 6.0.2 changed anything for this issue (had my hopes up). I'll post back here if they are any help.

Never got around to ringing eircom about this over the christmas but found a solution to the problem. After having the issue with a upc modem as well I did a factory reset and once it rebooted I could connect to my ZyXEL modem at home. :D haven't tried the upc modem yet or any other modem but can't see it being an issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement