Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is kanger twist the best?

Options
  • 19-12-2012 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

i just bought a present for my brother whos been lookin at ecigs for a while.
    i bought the kanger twist t2 starter pack with a 900mah battery and the 5 small vape juices for 65€ delivered with the boards.ie 10% discount off www.e-smokeireland.eu because of the good reveiws on here.
    but iv now watched some videos on youtube and seen how big it is and looks a bit wierd.he has been smokin benson&hedges for a few years(bout 20 a day) and i dunno if he'll use it as it is so big and stands out so much.

do ye lads think its alright and he'll like it or is there a subtler, smaller, more cig like ecig on e-smokeireland?lookin to pay no more than 65$ and can just send back the kanger when it arrives and buy the other one now if theres a better one ???
    any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

for a smaller one from the same site they have the Innokin kit. the box it comes in and is carried around in is slightly bigger than a normal 20 box of smokes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's the best no-fuss kit in a reasonable price range. you can get better but they involve spending a good chunk of money for benefits that probably wouldn't be worthwhile for someone just starting out

you get used to the size of the device pretty quickly. it was a month or two before I was brave enough to use mine in public when I first got mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

LK KID wrote: »
    i just bought a present for my brother whos been lookin at ecigs for a while.
    i bought the kanger twist t2 starter pack with a 900mah battery and the 5 small vape juices for 65€ delivered with the boards.ie 10% discount off www.e-smokeireland.eu because of the good reveiws on here.
    but iv now watched some videos on youtube and seen how big it is and looks a bit wierd.he has been smokin benson&hedges for a few years(bout 20 a day) and i dunno if he'll use it as it is so big and stands out so much.

do ye lads think its alright and he'll like it or is there a subtler, smaller, more cig like ecig on e-smokeireland?lookin to pay no more than 65$ and can just send back the kanger when it arrives and buy the other one now if theres a better one ???
    any ideas?
    Maybe the 650 battery twist battery kit would have been better if your thinking that way, but it also depends on what tank you use with it, a Big Viva Nova tank on a twist looks weird if your new to vaping, where as Kanger T2 or T3 or Vision eGo looks better on the twist. The twist 650 is a nice bit smaller than the 900.
    BTW just checked on ESI website and it is the Kanger T3 that comes with the kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Bought the same starter kit recently. My first impression was that it definitely wasn't a cigarette, it looks like a junkies works from the future. Its brilliant though, it really isn't too big, it slips neatly into a jacket pocket, and it can be used very discreetly. It gives off a fair amount of vapour, which is what you want when your coming off the fags. I'm not disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Best for the price, best for discretion (as large as it looks).
    I felt like a mong for a while with it, but my current yoke is 4/5 times wider and apart from avoiding using in front of scummers (would've done that with an eGo-size anyway), I couldn't care less.

This is usually the issue with smokers who don't really want to give up yet, or don't feel the effects of cigarettes as much yet.
    Until you go "Ok, life is finite and I feel like shít, every day" you'll look at devices like the eGo and above as if you couldn't possibly.
    When you feel a certain amount of bad, it's an easy choice/switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

kiffy wrote: »
    Maybe the 650 battery twist battery kit would have been better if your thinking that way, but it also depends on what tank you use with it, a Big Viva Nova tank on a twist looks weird if your new to vaping, where as Kanger T2 or T3 or Vision eGo looks better on the twist. The twist 650 is a nice bit smaller than the 900.
    BTW just checked on ESI website and it is the Kanger T3 that comes with the kit.
    why would the 650 be better?is it smaller?
    i selected the t2 tank.
    for a smaller one from the same site they have the Innokin kit. the box it comes in and is carried around in is slightly bigger than a normal 20 box of smokes.
    anyone got any experience with the innokin?looks a lot less ..wierd
    it's the best no-fuss kit.
    you get used to the size of the device pretty quickly. it was a month or two before I was brave enough to use mine in public when I first got mine.
    thats what im afraid of with the bro,lol.
    not sure id go out smokin it, dunno.
    eoing1 wrote: »
    Bought the same starter kit recently. My first impression was that it definitely wasn't a cigarette, it looks like a junkies works from the future. Its brilliant though, it really isn't too big, it slips neatly into a jacket pocket, and it can be used very discreetly. It gives off a fair amount of vapour, which is what you want when your coming off the fags. I'm not disappointed
    ya i know the vape meant to very good off the kanger but i just think if there is the same spec but like in the ones that look like cigs and light up at the end.

thanks for the replys lads,ye are helping alot:)

why would the 650 be better?is it smaller?
    Yeah, smaller.
    ya i know the vape meant to very good off the kanger but i just think if there is the same spec but like in the ones that look like cigs and light up at the end.
    That's the smallest you can get with pretty good performance.

If old cigalikes are a 1 out of 5, and high-power, weird robot-dildo, bomb-looking/licking , larger mods are a 5 out of 5, the twist is a solid 3-3.5 out of 5.

So - size to performance ratio, it's the best.

The size is an initial thing. If you can get over the looks and realise it's satisfying you but not killing you, it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

grindle wrote: »
    Yeah, smaller.

That's the smallest you can get with pretty good performance.

If old cigalikes are a 1 out of 5, and high-power, weird robot-dildo, bomb-looking/licking , larger mods are a 5 out of 5, the twist is a solid 3-3.5 out of 5.

So - size to performance ratio, it's the best.

The size is an initial thing. If you can get over the looks and realise it's satisfying you but not killing you, it's worth it.
    cool,thanks lads.
    youv been alot a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'm not understanding this lark about it looking like some futuristic crack pipe. I was using mine in public from the getgo. Is it not cigarette smoking that non smokers and ex-smokers gave us the pity and/or disgusted looks for. Is it not real cigarettes that you preferred not not walk down a public street puffing away on. Is it not the cigalikes that one might feel embaressed about because to others it looks like you're a dirty smelly smoker?

Does anyone really believe that anyone would think you were smoking something illicit unless you were doing it wearing champion sports finest apparel huddled down some dark alley.

Don't worry, you don't look like a 21st Century crackpipe smoker and you don't look like a pretentious hipster with a pipe. You look like someone who has taken steps to deal with his/her nicotine addiction, its affects on his/her health, its impact on others health and its impact on his/her bank balance.

Calibos wrote: »
    You look like someone who has taken steps to deal with his/her nicotine addiction, its affects on his/her health, its impact on others health and its impact on his/her bank balance.

To the enlightened!

No 1 comment : What's that? (This happened with an eGo)
    No 2 comment : But it's still got nicotine, yeah? So you're still addicted/going to die? What's the point? ("Blah blah blah, nicotine, non-cancerous, blah, safe as caffeine, blah, etc.")
    No 3 comment : Can you smoke weed with that? "No." (actually yes, but very complicated or expensive - best to nip that conversation in the bud... Wahey!) *face of disappoint* (happened with an eGo, never mind the ridiculously "this vapes weed"-looking TH mod.)
    No 4 comment : *fake cough* ("Die in a coughing fit, please." Said internally, obviously. No explanation for the one-man Mexican-wave if they do actually die.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement