Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zanussi Washing Machine

Options
  • 19-12-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I have a 4 year old Zanussi washing machine which has stopped working properly. It is not draining properly and the clothes are wringing wet when the program stops. Also it is not taking in the powder and softener from the drawer.The pump seems to be working ok and the filter is clear.
    Any suggestions ??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I too have a Zanussi washing machine that started giving the same symptoms.
    Try draining the machine manually (messy job) to see if it completes it cycles OK.
    While down there clean out the filter just to make sure it's not the problem.
    There were 2 pumps on the base of my machine, a drain pump & a recirculation pump, my drain pump was clogged up with black crap, pulling all that away solved my problem.

Getting at the pump was a real headache on the Zanussi I had.
    I tipped the machine on it's side to access the cutaway on the base.
    There were 4 hoses with clips that had to be detached from the assembly along with 4 electrical connections for the pumps.
    Take photos as you go so you remember how to reassemble, you'll need a grips or pliers to undo the hose clips.
    There were also 2 screws to fix the pump housing to the base of the machine which needed removing.
    You need to unscrew the face of the pumps to access the vanes for inspection, again take photos before.
    Take care to connect the hoses & the clip properly when reassembling to prevent leaks.

Mine now works at treat again, it was my own fault for never clearing the filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

check fill levels. common enough problem for the sensors to get soap scum in them. Look for a thin clear tube from the drum, running up to the control panel. Take off the control panel end, and blow hard through it.

Advertisement