Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heater - When to use Instant vs Storage

Options
  • 18-12-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I know there are 100’s of questions about storage heaters but I couldn’t find an answer to this.

I’ve a Creda SupaSlim Combi storage heater in my living room and I’m on ESB’s nightsaver rate.

QUESTION - I’d like to know at what point is it cheaper to put the instant heater instead of the overnight storage heater.

For example, I know if I was in all day, I’m better putting the storage heater on overnight. However if I’m at work on only in the room for 2 hours in the evening, it’s probably better to use the instant heater.

I believe the instant heat is 2.4kWh and the overnight rate is 24kWH. (Based on this link)

As the nightsaver rate is half price, it should be the same price for 5 hrs of instant heat or an overnight.

Does this sound right or am I missing something?

Thanks all

Donal

Advertisement