Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model train body please help.

Options
  • 18-12-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I need some help. I dropped my brothers model train and its body was damaged beyond repair. He still doesn't know that it is broken as he is away and has not been told for the obvious reason. The model is of the "Irish mail train". If anyone has a spear body they would be willing to sell or if anyone knows of anywhere I could locate one I would be ever so grateful. Thank you in advance for any help it is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

The Irish Mail Set was a limited edition with a named locomotive 'Old Contemptibles'
    You're looking for a BR 4-6-0 Royal Scot class locomotive but you won't get an exact match unless someone is selling off a set as seperate pieces, so he'll know something happened.

Complete set for sale in UK, not a cheap solution though.

http://www.tri-angman.co.uk/?page_id=3&category=3&product_id=1568

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Johnny.G

Blue850 wrote: »
    The Irish Mail Set was a limited edition with a named locomotive 'Old Contemptibles'
    You're looking for a BR 4-6-0 Royal Scot class locomotive but you won't get an exact match unless someone is selling off a set as seperate pieces, so he'll know something happened.

Complete set for sale in UK, not a cheap solution though.

http://www.tri-angman.co.uk/?page_id=3&category=3&product_id=1568

Thanks for the info just bought it there he is very interested in trains so next time I think I will stay well away from them. Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Try ebay.co.uk and search under model railways/spares maybe you might find one for about a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Johnny.G

thanks bud but I already payed for a whole new set I'll give him the other parts as an xmas present.

Advertisement