Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplier of "exotic" meats in NI?

Options
  • 18-12-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

We like to have something unusual for Christmas dinner and have had the likes of camel, kangaroo, wild boar etc before now. Sawers in Belfast is good for getting a lot of that sort of stuff, plus there's the stand currently trading at the Christmas market at City Hall, but they both say they can't supply any roasting joints, just burgers/steaks. I can order in from across the water, but it would have to be a bigger order for them to give any reduction on the £20 carriage charge, which is a bit steep!

So - anybody know of any other speciality butcher (preferably in Co. Antrim or Co. Derry) where I can get a more unusual/exotic meat as a roasting joint? I know there are some llama farmers about the place, wouldn't mind giving that a try, or some zebra (from a managed source!), horse meat, or even some good old wild boar ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Dunno. When I worked in the restaurant biz 15 years ago we had people offering us exotics then, but as far as I remember it was all small cut and not roasting joints.

these folks charge £16.99.... get a freezer full!!

http://www.keziefoods.co.uk/AdditionalDepartments/Header-Content/Delivery-Information

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mr chips

Cheers, found them as well but as you point out the delivery is still very steep! Having said that, I'll keep them in mind for the future as they do have a good range, including horse rump roasts at a quite reasonable £12/kg. They also sell python steaks - at £22 for 250g!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Tesco?

:P

Advertisement