Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batteries for Mac

Options
  • 17-12-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Lads / Ladies,

Just after buying a new mac book pro. Just wondering about charging the battery, I've read in a few places that leaving it charged even when it's at 100% is ok so that you don't use up battery cycles. Is this true?

I had a PC before and any advice i heard was always the opposite.

Cheers for the help in advance! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭kirving

Battery cycles matter yes, but there's no point obsessing about the battey. It's theres to be used.

The life of lithium batteries is affected not only by the number of full to empty charge cycles it goes through, but also by how long the battery is left at 100%, 0%, and anywhere in between.

The optimum range of a lithium battery to be left at is between 60-80% or there abouts. Otherwise, it will degrade at a faster rate all by itself.

I read some research on this recently, but I can't find it now.

Advertisement