Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem install new graphics card

Options
  • 17-12-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I've tried installing a new graphics card in to my brothers PC but all I'm getting is a blank screen. Its an Asus 210 Silent graphics card and I'm installing it in to a Compaq CQ5226UK running windows 7. Below is a pic of the PC details. I installed it in my own PC and it worked no problem but in my own PC I had to remove the old graphics card that was in it my brothers PC seems to have the graphics built in to the mother board, so can anyone help me out please?

vyrygo.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Try boot into the bios, and see if there's an option to disable onboard graphics. It should solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

have you plugged the monitor into the new card's port or the original graphics chip port?

also in the bios you can set the preferred graphics card to auto or PCI-E so that when booting the pc looks in the PCI-E port first to see if a graphics card is present

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Thanks for the replies, I have plugged the monitor into both ports but they both have a blank screen. How would I be able to get my PC to look in PCI-E first, when you say I can change setting in the bios, is there a tutorial anywhere on how to do it?

Advertisement