Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's offical - two more books

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Fab news!

The last one was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

"I knew Eileen before she was famous."

Well done you, excellent news. Well deserved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dogmax

Congratulation Eileen, Brilliance news, long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Thanks. Another insane deadline (100k words by February 15) but at least this time we have more idea of what we are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Wow, great job, Eileen! Is that two including the one you're already writing, or two on top of it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

We'll have to get you in for a celebrity boards.ie interview! ;)

Antilles wrote: »
    Wow, great job, Eileen! Is that two including the one you're already writing, or two on top of it?

Two new ones. Since we know there are going to be two, we're going to sow some seeds for the second one in the first, and use two secondary characters in the one we are writing now as the primaries for the next one.

EileenG wrote: »
    Two new ones. Since we know there are going to be two, we're going to sow some seeds for the second one in the first, and use two secondary characters in the one we are writing now as the primaries for the next one.

Are they related at all to the characters in the last book?

I have to say you've both got seriously good work ethic to be able to meet Penguin's deadlines. Kudos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I have to say you've both got seriously good work ethic to be able to meet Penguin's deadlines. Kudos!

You need a good work ethic to get p-p-picked up by Penguin.

New Characters, but we might have the odd newspaper headline about the characters in the previous book.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I only just noticed that Summer is out now :)
    Time to buy

Slowpoke bluey!

You should pre-order the Autumn one. Put some pressure on Eileen. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2ZVeQDHhiL6Eu4rkdKYVVSi-sjiQ2r-cZmdPn0i1Fgtrnt88fRA

:(

Read it last night, good stuff.

Hurry up with the next one, Eileen! :pac:

Thanks, tell anyone you know about Summer. Penguin, the mean feckers, are NOT having a launch for this one, say anyone who would come to the launch would probably buy it anyway.

And we're almost 80,000 words into Autumn. This one is more plotty, so the editing will be a nightmare, to make sure it all stitches together smoothly.

Anyone got any particular kinks they would like to see in print? Now is the time to shout. I have two sex scenes to write, and am open to suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

'...and am open to suggestions'

an innuendo of the highest order....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's not enough kick-****ing in modern literature I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Phantasos

EileenG wrote: »
    Anyone got any particular kinks they would like to see in print? Now is the time to shout. I have two sex scenes to write, and am open to suggestions.

Because it's the only one you ever hear about (when people die), you should try auto-erotic asphyxiation. I mean, writing about it. But you can try it if you want. But with your SO, and have a safe word I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Or a safe signal!!!

;-) at another poster

Breath play is an option. And I did a workshop recently on needle play. And Bondage for sex. Which has nothing to do with being tied spread-eagled on a four-poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Phantasos

This is my trail of thought at the minute:
    Jessica lay naked on the table, a wafer thin sheet hiding the curves of her body.

"Is this your first time?" the Asian man beside the table asked.

She nodded meekly, her muscles tensing at the sudden breath of cool air fluttering under the sheet. He was handsome, not like any of the Asian men in her office. They shuffled about with their paperwork in dull suits of grey and charcoal, slender-bodied and uninspired. The man before her now was completely different. His thick arms pressed tightly against his sleeveless white t-shirt. She could even see the outline of his nipples through the fabric.

"Shall we begin?" he asked.

Jessica tensed as the man moved close to the table. He gently slid the sheet upwards, revealing her legs slowly. His hand touched her leg lightly and sent a pulse of pleasure rippling through her body. She grasped the edge of the table and gouged her nails into the wood. She had to restrain her passion, the sheet would show everything.

The man reached into his pocket and pulled it out. It was much bigger than Jessica had imagined. He saw her surprise and smiled at her.

"Do not worry, it will not hurt you. Most of my clients don't feel a thing." he said.

"I bet you say that to everyone before you begin," replied Jessica.

His needle plunged into her flesh quickly, taking Jessica by surprise. Then again. And again and again. The man continued at pace, sticking it in over and over. A flush of red rose to her cheeks. Her nipples pressed at the white sheet, hard. The next needling found her sweet spot, and she arched her back in pleasure. She couldn't surpress the moan that came to her lips. The man stepped back with a look of surprise on his face.

Tiffany was right. Acupuncture was amazing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement