Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SALES megathread

Options
  • 10-12-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

Have any of the sales started yet? If not when are they due to start?

MOD EDIT: This is the thread for all talk on sales. Please do not start anymore.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

St Stephen's Day for the department stores, some shops in shopping centres, not sure about town in general. Some shops have "seasonal offers" on at the moment, but not full on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was in House of Fraser and there are some good reductions (40%-50%) there already. But in reality, most sales won't really start until St. Stephen's Day or the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

In the last few years sales have started before Christmas and St. Stephen's Day. I doubt this year will be different. Still not quite sure when!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I remember some of the bigger stores starting their sales online on Christmas day last year

• Registered Users Posts: 39 northernstar

I remember a couple of years ago I was casually pottering about the shops on Christmas Eve (as ya do) and the River island sale had begun. Does anyone know when it starts this year?
    Or does anyone know if any high-street clothing chains are starting their sales early, i.e. before Stephens Day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

People at work were saying that it begins on Christmas Eve. Not sure how true that is but I overheard a conversation about it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 northernstar

I'll pop in so, thanks. Early bird and all that... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I worked in River Island for a few years and the accessory sale always started on Christmas Eve and the rest on Stephen's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Sales are already in some section in shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Christmas Eve is the best for their sale on accessories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Sorry if this is an extremely culchie question :L do the after christmas sales start after christmas day or new years day?? Wondering because I was thinking of going shopping stephen's day if the sales have started then-thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

River Island emailed me today to say their 50% sale starts online tomorrow and it starts in-store on Boxing Day.

Reiss for men and women has gone into sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Sale has started in French connection! 50/60% off most stock in powerscourt centre. Got 2 dresses today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Next sale is starting st stephens day at 6am!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Does anyone know when the Brown Thomas sales will be starting? I've several vouchers that I'd like to use up before my holiers on the 6th Jan :)

Thanks in advance,

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the Brown Thomas sales will be starting? I've several vouchers that I'd like to use up before my holiers on the 6th Jan :)

Thanks in advance,

BT and BT2 sales start on st Stephen's day, Dublin, Grafton st, limerick and Galway open at 9am and cork, dundrum and limerick at 10am.

edit: blanchardstown bt2 starting at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gunnygirl

what time does it start in stores on stephans day? an is it d same in all stores in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

The sales last until the new year don't they?! I wont be back in Dublin until NYE and have a One For All voucher to spend :)

• Advertisement

So did anyone pick up any bargins at the sales yesterday?

I didn't go near the shops until yesterday evening. Was dissappointed in the Next sale. I was on the look out for new work trousers and the selection was bad. Extra small or large sizes and very poor quality was all that was left. Nothing else in the ladies section appealled to me. Even the kids section (boys) was lacking. I usually pick up a load of tshirts for himself but not a one!
    However I was seriously lucky and came across a navy 3 piece suit size 10 and 11 which will fit him for Communion next May, with change from €50!
    Got a few bits in Awear which I had my eye on already, 3 tops and 2 skirts for €80.

I got a Cheap Monday sweatshirt for €22.50 in Arnotts. I'd really wanted it a few months ago so was pleased to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Sales are great if you want to buy clothes that were 'in' 10 seasons ago pok
    Yesterdays trip to town confirmed that for me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought a leopard print robe, down from 30 to 16.80 and a pj set including short robe, top and bottoms, down from 51 to 18. Both were from M&S online. I managed to get both the sale price and the general 30% off discount so very happy as prices have gone up now!

I am off to Canada in a month so wanted something warm while I am sitting in the hotel room at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Got a shirt and bag in Urban Outfitters for less than the original price of the bag :D

Topshop was a huge let down. Got there when it opened and I'd say 50% of the sales stock was tops/t-shirts. Coats were grand, as usual, but there were no decent jeans or dresses there today :( I can remember having to put stuff back in the Topshop winter sale the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The 3 dresses I had my eye on in New Look all went down to less than half price :D

I went into M&S this morning and their sale was a bit rubbish. Their online sale is miles better, especially since they have free in store delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Got three dresses for work online with M&S - total €80 with free in-store delivery. I bought those on Christmas Day between the starter and the turkey. Didn't bother heading out yesterday at all as I was far too comfy on the sofa.

Took a gander around BT today, but wasn't taken with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Hooded-Duffle-Coat-with-Wool/000000022150111001,en_IE,pd.html?extid=TP_F_CT_B_291112_101_CREOIE

Got girls coat(lime color) from M&S sale today,also few more girls clothes and boots from Next sale.
    Nothing nice in H&M for girls from sale
    Pumpkin Patch have 70%off but their sale prices still to high for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was in Cork city and Mahon today and thought that the sales were rubbish. Every year it seems to get even busier and less good stuff available. Had my eye on a per una purple corded coat in m&s which I couldn't find:( (may have long sold out as it is not on the website either, first time I have ever been sorry I didn't buy something at full price) All I got in the end were two nice(ish) dresses from swamp for €19.96 and 2 books for my son in Easons (for €4.98!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

im thinking of going to dublin in a week or two to go to the sales, places like marks and spencers. Does anyone know if there is normally good stuff left in the sales a week or two in. Thanks.

Advertisement