Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulberry Yeats Stove

Options
  • 16-12-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

We are thinking of replacing an open gas fire (which gives out very little heat) with a Mulberry Yeats non bolier stove, has anyone got any feedback on this model of stove - good or bad?? Price is reasonable compared to some other brands.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 miriammc

Hi there, I am looking at this too at the mo and think it is a fabulous stove and would love some feedback on it too please. I was quoted 995 for it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lkkev80

Hey, We have it in since January and find it great. It gives out very good heat, it heats up quickly, is easy to light and easy to keep clean. Also very nice to look at. We are burning mainly dried timber with a bit of coal and a couple of briquettes to get it going.
    We got it for about €700 so the price you were quoted seems a bit expensive. We have the non-boiler model however so perhaps there is a boiler model and this is what you are getting quoted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 miriammc

Do you mind me asking where you purchased? Big difference in price and its def the non boiler version I was quoted for. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lkkev80

Hi, Just send you a private message with the details of where we bought it - hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

miriammc wrote: »
    Hi there, I am looking at this too at the mo and think it is a fabulous stove and would love some feedback on it too please. I was quoted 995 for it. Thanks

I was quoted €715 in one store and €650 in another for the Matt finish, non-boiler model. If you want details PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

miriammc wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking where you purchased? Big difference in price and its def the non boiler version I was quoted for. Thanks

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 herl23

hi, would you minding sending me a pm telling me where you got your mulberry yeats from? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Hi Guys,

I bought a Mulberry Yeats matt black 10Kw Boiler stove (2nd hand), put it in during the week... have had a fire in it and its a great looking stove. . I'm heating 4 x Rads off it, they have got lukewarm hot already and its giving out nice heat to the room. This is with it burning at about 50% capacity. I didn't have the proper dry wood etc. yet and I'm also deliberately holding off putting a serious fire in it for a few days till all the surrounding plasterwood is 100% dried out.

But very happy so far.

Would appreciate hearing any things you have learned about it ? any peculiarities, hidden tricks to get the best out of it etc.

A few learnings of my own so far...

1). With a 2nd hand stove, you can basically forget about changing the flue output from what the previous user has been doing (ie. switching it from top outlet to back outlet or back to top) because the screws completely perish (on the inside from the soot & heat) and can't be re-opened/closed again.

2). It can be pretty costly converting an old style existing open fireplace and putting in a free standing stove so make sure your budget is generous (mine is a 70yro cottage with big open fireplace)

Flexi-Flue, vermiculite, additional flue bits, blocks, plasterwork, paint, hearth, labour etc. prob cost about €1000

3). I see already, how a person could become a "Slave to Stove" (..apologies to Bryan Ferry) ... as they burn wood pretty fast and you need to keep feeding them every hour or so and probably spend your evenings/weekends preparing the wood for the week ahead.

Happy Burning, fellow Stove-Heads !!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi all!

Would love any recommendations for a good enamel non boiler stove to replace a standard open fire (not insert style).

We are looking for a 8-9kw version.

Would those who purchased the Mulberry Yeats non boiler at a good price please let me know where they got it?

Many thanks for any advice.

:)

Advertisement