Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas essentials

Options
  • 16-12-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Just wondering who people think are the "must haves" over the Christmas run of games as there is basically 4 gameweeks over the course of two weeks. With rotation being rampant in most of the big clubs its hard to know who to pick!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

definitely cazorla. guaranteed starter and some nice fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lucas Leiva

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Yaya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

manual_man wrote: »
    Lucas Leiva

Ah heyor... leave it bleedin' out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Santa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

David Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

dahat wrote: »
    Santa

Santa Claus or Santi Carzola

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Santa Claus or Santi Carzola

Both!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Bale Bale Bale pending fitness

one of Mata/Hazard/Torres/Terry

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Miss Santa Claus or Santi Carzola

Tough choice, but Cazorla would be gettin the boot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

15 guaranteed starters.

Also, players whose name can be turned into a Xmas pun - think Roque Santa Cruz hat-trick.

So; Santa Cazorla, Merry Figueroa and Carol Cuellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

GetWithIt wrote: »
    15 guaranteed starters.

Also, players whose name can be turned into a Xmas pun - think Roque Santa Cruz hat-trick.

So; Santa Cazorla, Merry Figueroa and Carol Cuellar.

i'll stick with Robin van persie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

GetWithIt wrote: »
    15 guaranteed starters.

This. Christmas is not a time to be taking 'punts'. 15 nailed on players is a must so that when 2 or 3 are inevitably 'rested' (hate that word!) you will still be able to field a starting XI.

2 points is better than no points!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Dunno about Cazorla tbh, as an Arsenal fan he does have a good few quiet games but then is capable of a high scoring week.

Interesting is that he seems to be playing deeper and deeper with Wilshere back in the side(who is driving forward), might hinder his chances for goals/assists.

I'm on the brink of moving Cazorla on but will see how this GW goes with Reading tonight. We've West Ham and Newcastle at home after which seem ideal but these are the type of matches where we'll struggle to break a side down.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭amber69

Benimar wrote: »

This. Christmas is not a time to be taking 'punts'. 15 nailed on players is a must so that when 2 or 3 are inevitably 'rested' (hate that word!) you will still be able to field a starting XI.

2 points is better than no points!
    Agreed I had demel on bench for about 10 gws he was my only sub this week and will come in for 6 points

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Santi101 wrote: »
    Dunno about Cazorla tbh, as an Arsenal fan he does have a good few quiet games but then is capable of a high scoring week.

Interesting is that he seems to be playing deeper and deeper with Wilshere back in the side(who is driving forward), might hinder his chances for goals/assists.

I'm on the brink of moving Cazorla on but will see how this GW goes with Reading tonight. We've West Ham and Newcastle at home after which seem ideal but these are the type of matches where we'll struggle to break a side down.

I guess you have moved Santi on after last night :D I think Walcott played a key role last night creating space..much more fluidity and movement than Giroud.

Haha, I guess patience can indeed pay off. Cazorla has been frustrating the life out of me for weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

He went three weeks without scoring, have patience! Can't have a team of RVP's...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

underpants

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    underpants

i hope you wrote your letter in time

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

manual_man wrote: »
    i hope you wrote your letter in time

Likely to be a close run thing I reckon

roryc wrote: »
    He went three weeks without scoring, have patience! Can't have a team of RVP's...

He was playing pretty badly(mediocre at best) for a good stretch though, probably me being over critical as an Arsenal fan but he looked to be tiring out which isnt unheard of with new players to the PL, that was the basis of my thinking behind possibly shifting Santi on. Hazard has looked quiet for a good while, Silva dipped noticeably in this calendar year after an explosive half a season in 11/12. Bar the Spurs game, Cazorla had 7 or 8 not so good matches around that....got a late consolation at United after doing nothing for the whole game, and got an assist at home to West Brom when he dived for the penalty.......:D...gotta love FF! Then BOOM! Destroys Reading last night.

He's crossed the 100 mark now which is great so I'll stick with him for now, Arsenal have a rotten run in January and no squad depth so I'll see what happens with Santi. Definitely want to get Mata back in at some stage and I think Hazard will explode into life again soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I agree, I'll probably still get rid of him in the Wildcard.

Hopefully he destroys Southampton before that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Arsenal and West Ham is cancelled on the 26th. Needs to be factored in

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

Rooney will pick up a lot of points over Christmas and looking at the fixtures there could finally be clean sheets for United so I'm gambling on Rafael with the hope for assists and bonuses.

Also think Podolski could be coming into some points over the next few GWs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rooney will pick up a lot of points over Christmas and looking at the fixtures there could finally be clean sheets for United so I'm gambling on Rafael with the hope for assists and bonuses.

Also think Podolski could be coming into some points over the next few GWs.
    Rafael is injured

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Rafael is injured

Thought he was due back for next GW?

Thought he was due back for next GW?

Might be back for next gw. Out for this one though

• Advertisement
Advertisement