Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atheist support for Zionism (Pat Condell)

Options
  • 16-12-2012 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I'm not suggesting all Atheists support Zionism however there does appear to be large group of Atheists that jump to the defense of Zionism when discussing Israel's regional enemies.

Pat Condell is a self-described Atheist but unequivocally supports the state of Israel and it's occupation of Palestinian land.

This seems hypocritical to me and reveals more about Pat's views on brown people than Islam.

For me, Zionism is a racist white supremacist ideology. Bizarrely, many of it's proponents support multiculturalism throughout Europe and America (which Pat Condell is against) but wishes Israel remain "The Jewish State of Israel" and that obviously means keeping black people out.

In the following video, you can hear Zionists claim Israeli land was given to them by God thousands of years ago and it is their right to build settlements there regardless of the Palestinians.

I understand this is a controversial subject but don't you think Atheists need to distance themselves from people like Pat Condell?

How can you be Atheist "Godless and Free" while supporting the occupation of land under the pretense of being Gods chosen people . . . ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm going to assume the atheists who support Zionism don't do so because they believe that God himself gave the jews some land.

I think you'll find lots of people support zionism, both theist and atheist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭kristopher_1

From what I understand, Christians support because of their beliefs in the bible and atheist support seems to be more about race/culture...which is funny (in a way) because of the support for multiculturalism in Europe and America by Jewish groups that incidentally want to keep Israel predominantly white/Jewish . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I don't see what his atheism has to do with the issue though. If Pat Condell was a vegetarian would other vegetarians have to "distance themselves" from him too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭kristopher_1

ShooterSF wrote:
    I don't see what his atheism has to do with the issue though. If Pat Condell was a vegetarian would other vegetarians have to "distance themselves" from him too?

Well, he describes himself as Atheist but supports the occupation of Palestinian land which Jews believe God gave them thousands of years ago.

As evidence, they use the Bible...I would have thought most Atheists believed the Bible was nonsense by now... I certainly do.

I feel European and American Christians/Atheists have been subverted psychologically to believe Islam is a threat to us when really, this dispute is between Islam and Israeli occupation of Palestinian land.

We're being dragged into perpetual wars on behalf of Israel to ensure that they survive and continue occupying that land, leaving a trail of death and destruction behind.

So, it's an oxymoron someone would support wars against Islam on behalf of Israel and claim to be Atheist because the whole issue is primarily because Jews think God chose them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Well, he describes himself as Atheist but supports the occupation of Palestinian land which Jews believe God gave them thousands of years ago.

As evidence, they use the Bible...I would have thought most Atheists believed the Bible was nonsense by now... I certainly do.

I feel European and American Christians/Atheists have been subverted psychologically to believe Islam is a threat to us when really, this dispute is between Islam and Israeli occupation of Palestinian land.

We're being dragged into perpetual wars on behalf of Israel to ensure that they survive and continue occupying that land, leaving a trail of death and destruction behind.

So, it's an oxymoron someone would support wars against Islam on behalf of Israel and claim to be Atheist because the whole issue is primarily because Jews think God chose them.

But one man is NOT representative of ALL atheists. This is the point. We no more have to distance ourselves from him than all people named Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Seeing as how this is the 5th anti-Israel thread you've started in less than 4 hours, it's pretty safe to say that your obsession with Israel is fairly unhealthy. How about putting your time and energy into a solution rather than ranting about 'evil Zionists'?

Don't suppose you'll be starting any threads criticising Syria for bombing a Palestinian camp in Damascus today, now will you? Then again, it's much more fun to rant about Jews- oops! I mean 'Zionists'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I don't see what his atheism has to do with the issue though.
    It doesn't. It's just that the OP already posted this video numerous times in Conspiracy Theories and the threads got locked, so this forum is his next port of call.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

OP, if you are confused by Pat Condell's stance on Zionism you should contact him rather than asking us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement