Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2fm sport

Options
  • 16-12-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭

I know its only a small thing but john kenny doing the sport on 2fm today has said chelsea defender TIM cahill was sent off,how hard is it to get the name right ie gary cahill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

Maybe he has no interest in Chelsea and is just reading the copy given to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

You're right, it is a small thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That's it. Shut 2FM down.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PODboy

Radio Sport in general is very poor - mistakes are regularly made in pronunciations - with the exception of Robbie Irwin , Darren Frehill and Greg Allen the journalism and standard of presentation is so weak.

It is so disappointing that our National broadcaster has allowed Sports Presentation to become so careless and boring.

I hate to admit I am more and more tuning into Newstalk -Off the ball and the very professional BBC Radio Five Live.

On the question of Rugby commentators - when will RTE do something about the appalling standard of Commentary on RTE Television. More and more people are tuning into the BBC commentary and pundits. Is it time for Ryle to give Michael Corcoran a chance - or as the boss of RTE Sport surely he knows from feedback that he is out of his league and not up to it as a Union Commentator. Has anyone any other suggestions to lead Rugby commentary on RTE and get the viewers back to our station.

Advertisement