Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't update Flash

Options
  • 16-12-2012 2:50pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys I have a very annoying problem I cannot seem to solve. I have an old macbook which has OSX 10.5 on it. A while back I stared getting a message that flash was out of date and I had to update it. then when I go to sites like youtube etc or any video pages - a warning appears at the top of the page saying "Adobe flash has been blocked as it is out of date" then there are two buttons "Run this time" and "Update". Clicking Run this time will let me play the video so its ok but annoying I have to do it every time. I have tried loads of times to update Flash, but it won't work and makes no different.

I'm a newbie when it comes to max so maybe I'm doing something silly - can anyone give me any pointers on how to fix this?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

it says:
    Note: Adobe® Flash® Player requires Mac OS 10.6 or higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

When you click the link provided by bedlam the site recognises that you use a Mac but offers the most current version of Flash. Just below where it says:

Download Adobe Flash Player

There is a link titled:

Different Operating System or Browser ?

Click this and use the resulting page to select your system (10.4 - 10.5) and download the player.

Ken

It could be that the last supported version of Flash on Leopard has been blocked due to security issues. If installing the last version doesn't remove the error you might be scuppered unless you disable the plugin blocking mechanism. In Firefox this can be done via about:config. While I'd never recommend this in normal situations, you may have little or no choice.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks - yes I think that's it. I got a blank screen after clicking that second link, but I tried in Safari and it worked ok. Still getting the error in Chrome though. How do i disable this warning in About:config exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think Chrome uses it's own built in Flash decoder, have you got the most up do date version for your OS ?

Ken

• Advertisement
Advertisement