Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Shops Today

Options
  • 16-12-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know if Limerick City is really busy or ok as regards crowds today? Thinking of a last minute braving of the shops in the next hour or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You've probably left already, but yeah - I'd say it's nuts!
    City Center might be OK, but you're brave if you hit the Crescent or Parkway/Childers Road. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Looking at updates from traders in the market it seems mega-busy down there today :) Would love to be in to grab some christmas spirit but alas have exams for the next two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

What time does the market open untill. On the milk market website it doesnt say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

irlgirl wrote: »
    What time does the market open untill. On the milk market website it doesnt say

I couldn't say for sure. On a normal saturday it could be fairly done and dusted by 2.30/3pm.

It being christmas there could be longer opening hours, depends on how quickly the traders run out of stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

cool might brave it meself:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭violetanderson

In city centre now. Not busy at all. Parked and shopping no fuss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Cresent in very busy

• Registered Users Posts: 51,156 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Of course they are going to be busy, it's the second last weekend before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had to pick some stuff up in M&S in Liffey Valley this morning so thinking it opened at 10am arrived at 9:45am to find it open since 8am. Did shopping and realised entire shopping centre opened at 9am. :eek: Strollled around and it was already jammers. Came out at 11:00am at the M&S car park and there were people patrolling for looking a parking space. :eek:

Did walk around Dublin yesterday and had NOTHING to buy. The place was mental. There was a few Clermont guys in Morphsuits drinking cans around 12:30 walking up past Trinity and there was a group of girls singing christmas songs who stopped and started screaming "LEINSTER" instead. Madness ensued. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,156 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's the silly season alright. Wait until the sales start on the 27th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's the silly season alright. Wait until the sales start on the 27th.

+1

ive got all my presents bought, ill pick up a few things for myself after the
    madness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

27th I wish have to work the 26th feicin crappy

Advertisement