Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Done something Stupid with Overclocking

• 16-12-2012 6:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hi guys Ive after doing something with the Amd overclocking app. I overclocked the graphics card to much and now the screen just goes black when I go into windows after the application starts. Anything I can do? Don't want the hassle of reinstalling windows and dont want to damage graphics card and hopefully not allready damaged!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Try boot in safe mode and reset overclock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

tried booting in safe mode but wont let me access application in it. Tried uninstalling and won't let me uninstall either. Won't let me remove it as it says no driver found for graphics card. Its the amd vision engine controller

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Disabled it from startup in Safe Mode if anyone else gets the same problem, panic over. A piece of advice, don't try overclocking if you know nothing about it or never researched it!:pac:

Can you check if damaged or should it be okay? Farcry 3 running grand with no problems anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Run furmark for 30mins. If nothing goes awry then you're good.

Advertisement